DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Samsung Galaxy S2

Which model do you have the T719N

I will just say that running Go 3 with a galaxy S4 was at best Iffy and had lag and issues with a P3P. I then "upgraded" to a S5 and Go 3 was "okay". Go 4 is much more processor intensive and I haven't really used it much more than a test with a original MP. I now have a M2Z and I wouldn't even attempt to use my Galaxy S5 with it. YMMV, but I would say anything less than a Galaxy 7 (SM-G930) I wouldn't bother, let alone trust such a fine aircraft. Your talking tablets, not phones so it may vary a tad I would guess, but your talking a 5 year old device controlling something much newer. :)

I use Android daily, G5 mini (I refuse to give up removable battery, running OS 5 :p), but fly DJI with Apple..I even had to ditch my Mini 2 used with the P3P, to go to Go 4 which now squeaks by with a Mini 4 from some reports, I skipped the "4" and went with a iPad Pro for a bit more headroom for future.

Last edited:
Reactions: cbbr
That's why I asked - I would hate to cause an issue right out of the box. My phone is a Samsung 8+.

I would go with the small screen and the safety. Go tablet up when time and wallet permit! :) I fly a M2Z with a SC, and even though it is a smaller screen than my 9.7" apple...it is bright as heck which overcomes most issues...best of luck and happy flights with your new "Toy" :)

Reactions: cbbr
Anyone use one with their MP2? I have one and wonder if it is fast enough to be reliable with my new MP2. Full specs here -> Galaxy Tab S2 8.0" 32GB (Wi-Fi) Tablets - SM-T713NZWEXAR | Samsung US
I have used a Galaxy Tab S2 SM-T813 "works" fine and bright display. THE PROBLEM is getting it to connect to the S2, seems very hit and miss.

If you search the forums you will find the frustrations people have had in getting it to connect. It's a great tablet when it connects.

Tend to use my S8+ 99% of the time.

I'm not prepared to pay the £600+ for a smart controller. At least a decent tablet can be used for other stuff.

My old S5 wouldn't work. My S7 would. I'm thinking an S2 tab might be a problem, not to mention the crummy screen resolution.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS