DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Samsung Galaxy S6/7

bomberuk

Reactions
Does anyone use the Samsung Galaxy S6/7 for the Mavic 2 and are they any good, ive been offered one cheap would be good to use just as a flying monitor ;)

Does anyone use the Samsung Galaxy S6/7 for the Mavic 2 and are they any good, ive been offered one cheap would be good to use just as a flying monitor ;)
I'm using a Galaxy S6 with 64GB on board. No problems with function. I'm tethering to a hotspot on my S8 for internet connection.
However, even with "full bright", the screen is difficult to see outsde; even in the shade. I'll be trying my Tab S2 to see if the larger screen helps. Might also try to find some anti-glare film for the S6.

I've used the S7 with my Mavic Pro Original and my new Mavic 2 Pro - with both of them, the DJI GO 4 App crashes once or twice in every flight. The screen just goes black, then I have to restart the GO app. The Mavic just hovers there while I get the app back up. I almost always fly with the iPad Mini 4 now and have never had this problem, so the problem has to be the phone. I always fly in Airplane Mode and have tried various cables with the same results.

hi i tried using my s5 that worked well with the mavic 1 but it just freezes up after a short time with the mavic 2, everything is great on my nvidia shield k1 but i like to use a phone for controlling the gimbal with my thumb.

hi i tried using my s5 that worked well with the mavic 1 but it just freezes up after a short time with the mavic 2, everything is great on my nvidia shield k1 but i like to use a phone for controlling the gimbal with my thumb.
It will be OK if you turn off the onboard cache.
Also restart shortly before using it.

I just ordered a used S6 in the hope I can actually get live view mode. I'm dying to actually pilot the drone with live feed so I'm not "shooting in the dark" so to speak.

If I can piggy-back off this thread, anything I should know about using S6 for flying purposes? Any quirks, annoyances?

hi when you say turn off onboard cache are you referring to the cache options on the go app as i never save the video cache to phone anyway, or is it a phone setting ?

I’ve re-purposed my S6 as a dedicated drone display for when it is not convenient to set up my tablet. Factory reset it and disable everything except google play services which you will need to download apps. Turn on location services, turn on airplane mode and turn on Wi-Fi. Keep in mind that the controller will charge the phone so you’ll get considerably fewer flights per RC charge.

Reactions: Mister Pink
My s7 Edge worked fine when testing one battery, flew about 22 minutes without a hitch.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31