DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Samsung galaxy tab A 10.1

Rwebdaddy

Reactions
I know a lot of people ask about what tablet to use for flying your drone. Well here's my input on it. I'm a android fan so I took a chance and bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 tablet for like $220 at Bestbuy. I've used it for a while now and I absolutely love it. What a clear picture and display setting are very easy use now. To go to live media like Facebook I just wifi tether it to my phone (Samsung galaxy s10 Version) and works flawlessly. I dont think I could go back to using just my phone to fly now. Hope this helps anyone questioning it. Safe flying!

I know a lot of people ask about what tablet to use for flying your drone. Well here's my input on it. I'm a android fan so I took a chance and bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 tablet for like $220 at Bestbuy. I've used it for a while now and I absolutely love it. What a clear picture and display setting are very easy use now. To go to live media like Facebook I just wifi tether it to my phone (Samsung galaxy s10 Version) and works flawlessly. I dont think I could go back to using just my phone to fly now. Hope this helps anyone questioning it. Safe flying!
I have one and use it with my Spark and Mavic Pro. It works well with both DJI Go 4 and Litchi.

Reactions: mereflyer
If you can afford a few Dollars more the Tab 5e is much much better has Octocore fast processor 6 gig ram and 64 gig super fast storage plus you can add a MicroSD card. It also has a very bright AMOLED sceen great for outdoors operation

Reactions: Rwebdaddy
The Tab A also has a microSD slot.
I have one installed in my Tab A and configured Go to put the cache video there.
I get app crashes sometimes, not sure if redirecting the cache increases the odds.

What does disabling the cache accomplish? Make it less processor intensive on the device?

If you can afford a few Dollars more the Tab 5e is much much better has Octocore fast processor 6 gig ram and 64 gig super fast storage plus you can add a MicroSD card. It also has a very bright AMOLED sceen great for outdoors operation

Costco has both so I will be able to compare side by side. The problem with going with the S5e is that I'm closer to the price of a Crystal Sky than the Tab A.

OP. Hows the brightness compared to your s10?

My Note 8 is supposed to be over 1000 nits but the Tab A looks brighter in the store. It had some outdoor mode which really brightened it up. My Note does not.

Reactions: SegwayFlyer
What does disabling the cache accomplish? Make it less processor intensive on the device?
That -- and it also doesn't save a low quality copy of the video on your mobile device.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman