DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0" (2019), 32GB, Black (Wi-Fi)

Welcome to the forum. You will find plenty of support and assistance. We look forward to your contribution and view of the world.

Ok, the tablet has arrived, and didn't worked, even i had to download the dji fly from aptoide, because on playstore didn't have the app for the tablet Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" T290NZSATPH.
So.... I have to search another tablet....

T290NZSATPH seems to only have 2GB RAM installed. Play will only offer Fly if you have 4GB installed.

Many have had Fly work with only 2GB, but could have issues. Be sure you have no unnecessary apps running for best performance.

Get the APK from DJI just to be sure.

T290NZSATPH seems to only have 2GB RAM installed. Play will only offer Fly if you have 4GB installed.

Many have had Fly work with only 2GB, but could have issues. Be sure you have no unnecessary apps running for best performance.

Get the APK from DJI just to be sure.
Play offers the Fly app for other than 4GB. It was there for my Asus Zenpad Z8s ZT582KL with only 3GB of ram, 64 bit OS and it works perfectly fine with the Fly app. :)

Perhaps then 3GB is the minimum spec. RAM requirements aren't listed officially, but there seems to be a correlation between RAM size and whether the app appears in Play or not.

Perhaps then 3GB is the minimum spec. RAM requirements aren't listed officially, but there seems to be a correlation between RAM size and whether the app appears in Play or not.
I believe the most relevant thing is the 64 bit OS but normally a 64 bit OS is found on a 4GB of ram system and no less. There are obviously some systems with 3GB of ram that have a 64 bit OS. Like the Zenpad Z8s.

Right but many had systems that reported to be 64 bit but no Fly in Play. They had low amount of RAM.
Like the 2019 Tab A for example.
Agreed. It seems like a tossup in a lot of cases. It's not 100% that you need 4GB of ram but it is 100% that you need a 64 bit OS.

Hi. I'm using the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 (SM-T290NZSCXAR) from Costco on my MA2 and for the most part it's good. However, I notice distorted, laggy live image feeds when in 48 MP photo mode or in Panoramic mode. Anyone else experiencing the same behavior? Thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_single.jpg
    Screenshot_single.jpg
    632.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_48mp.jpg
    Screenshot_48mp.jpg
    561.9 KB · Views: 6
Hi. I'm using the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 (SM-T290NZSCXAR) from Costco on my MA2 and for the most part it's good. However, I notice distorted, laggy live image feeds when in 48 MP photo mode or in Panoramic mode. Anyone else experiencing the same behavior? Thanks.
I've decided to return the tablet and order an iPad Mini 5. I really wanted the tablet to work, but it's just not worth the frustration. Getting an iPad Mini for this drone was the last thing I wanted to do, but it should work very nice.

Getting an iPad Mini for this drone was the last thing I wanted to do, but it should work very nice.

I had the same thought when I purchased the Spark in 2017.

I'm not a Apple user but at the time it seemed that Apple worked better than the Droids when it came to DJI products.

I'm still using the mini4 today to fly the Spark and MA2. ?

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji