DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0" (2019), 32GB, Black (Wi-Fi)

Quad Craft

Reactions
I tried my wife's old Tab 4 but that was circa 2014 and I can't load the DJI Flay app. Has anyone had success with the 2019 Galaxy Tab 8, currently on sale for $99?

Absolutely love this forum! I joined a month ago tomorrow and have learned so much from all of the amazing, helpful people on here, in fact, I can't start my day without reading the daily emails and content.

I celebrated by buying a Mavic Air 2, even though my Mini is only 1,5 months old. Attached are a few shots from the MM.
Any feedback on the Tab 8 would be great, thanks for reading

Attachments

• 8th hole.jpg
    8th hole.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 14
  • Hole #2.jpg
    Hole #2.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 13
  • Hole #3 green.jpg
    Hole #3 green.jpg
    646.1 KB · Views: 14
Cant help on anything with that device but
Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

I tried my wife's old Tab 4 but that was circa 2014 and I can't load the DJI Flay app. Has anyone had success with the 2019 Galaxy Tab 8, currently on sale for $99?

Absolutely love this forum! I joined a month ago tomorrow and have learned so much from all of the amazing, helpful people on here, in fact, I can't start my day without reading the daily emails and content.

I celebrated by buying a Mavic Air 2, even though my Mini is only 1,5 months old. Attached are a few shots from the MM.
Hi bbq,
I have the 2017 tab a 8. It is great for reading books. I use kittyhawk for laanc, when I try to select the area on the map I want authorized you can see smoke coming out of it trying to move the 4 selection blocks. Just not enough umph. I have never used it with a controller because I have the smart controller. Can't speak for the 2019 version but if I get a new tab it will be something with a lot more power.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots!? Enjoy the forum!?

Welcome to the forum! :)

Hi bbq,
I have the 2017 tab a 8. It is great for reading books. I use kittyhawk for laanc, when I try to select the area on the map I want authorized you can see smoke coming out of it trying to move the 4 selection blocks. Just not enough umph. I have never used it with a controller because I have the smart controller. Can't speak for the 2019 version but if I get a new tab it will be something with a lot more power.
Go to know, thank you. I'll keep looking or bite the bullet and get the Smart controller$$$

Welcome to the forum! It appears you may be staying a while, so have a great time. Golf courses make brilliant images with their various shades of green, so thanks for sharing.
I'm the GM of a private country club and we have 175 acres for me to fly, photo and video until I'm comfortable enough to seek out more urban opportunities.

I have two Samsung Galaxy 8" SM-T290 (one is 2019 and one 2020) They worked with both Go4 and DJI Fly. I had to download the apk directly from Dji since the Play Store did not think the tablet met the specifications. I put the tablet in Airplane mode for flying, (conserve resources), and used it with a power bank and OTG cable to maintain full charge of both MC and tablet while flying. See the picture.Mini OTG.jpg

Attachments

• Pro OTG .jpg
    Pro OTG .jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 28
I have two Samsung Galaxy 8" SM-T290 (one is 2019 and one 2020) They worked with both Go4 and DJI Fly. I had to download the apk directly from Dji since the Play Store did not think the tablet met the specifications. I put the tablet in Airplane mode for flying, (conserve resources), and used it with a power bank and OTG cable to maintain full charge of both MC and tablet while flying. See the picture.View attachment 116113
Thank you! I bought the MA2 last Saturday evening and it's rained every day since, except for a few hours one afternoon. I'll download the apps on Sunday and give it a try before seeking other options. Thanks for the picture of your set up. Be safe

I have a note 8 and it works fine with my mini.

Hi bbq,
I have a 2019 Tab A and have never had a problem......

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji