DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Samsung Galaxy Tab A Help

XXXDemo

Reactions
Help a pilot out!!!
I have the Samsung Galaxy Tab A and I am trying to use it with my Mavic. I am getting so much lag and distortion. It is on the DJI list of acceptable tablets. Going to DJI for help is a joke in itself. ANY IDEAS????

I had a Galaxy A7 and it was too slow as well, ended up getting an iPad Mini 4, works great now.

Use Go 4 version 4.1.15. It works Great on my Tab A. I also have all other apps closed and fly in airplane mode.

Reactions: rickw and XXXDemo
Help a pilot out!!!
I have the Samsung Galaxy Tab A and I am trying to use it with my Mavic. I am getting so much lag and distortion. It is on the DJI list of acceptable tablets. Going to DJI for help is a joke in itself. ANY IDEAS????

Additional: It was working great until an unplanned update to 4.1.18 hosed the video like you are describing. I downgraded to .15 and stopped auto-updates and haven't had any problems since.

Reactions: XXXDemo
4.1.18 is fixed now with my Tab A.
Yeah, I have heard that they fixed the video with a minor update to .18 but since .15 works so well for me I think I will sit on it for a while.

Updated the DJI GO app and now it seems to be working. Still has a minor lag bit not something that will interfear with operations.
Thanks to all who helped out!!

When I use my Tab A the screen dims and software fails, restarts, fails ??

Any other options?

I am using an older version of Go 4 and fly the MP so cannot vouch for compatibility with other versions but make sure you are flying in airplane mode, have all other apps closed, and are not caching to the Tab A.

Reactions: ZX14-R
I am using an older version of Go 4 and fly the MP so cannot vouch for compatibility with other versions but make sure you are flying in airplane mode, have all other apps closed, and are not caching to the Tab A.

I am probably caching to the tab. Seems to work fine on my Samsung S8+ Phone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan