DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Samsung Note 8 users beware!

xa6driver

Reactions
Had to do a factory reset of my Note 8. Current version is 8.0.0 (Kernel v 4.4.78). Reinstalled Go4 app from Google Play Store (4.4.21 7/13/18). Prior version 4.2.16 no problem. Latest version .21 could not reconnect. Was told by DJI this .21 version is not supported therefore they sent me the following link to the previous version:

Janah (Support)

8月6日 CEST20:50
Please see link below for the lowest version of DJI GO 4 application .
DJI GO 4 V 4.2.16 DJI Go 4-4.2.16
Best Regards ,
John

Was unable to install until I found this forum: DJI Go 4 Not supporting Note 8 08072018

Submitted by djiuser_7zO4VsUoMAix :

Go to your Samsung Note 8 "Application" icon and Open Settings option.
Step 3: Under Settings option, select About phone, then choose Software Information.
Step 4: Scroll down the screen and tap Build number several times until you see a message that says "Developer mode has been enabled".
Enable Developer Option on Note 8
Step 5: Select on the Back button and you will see the Developer options menu under Settings, and select Developer options.
Step 6: Slide the "Developer Options" button to "On" and check "USB debugging".
Step 7: You will see a messages "Allow USB Debugging", click "OK".
After this, in the developer options menu scroll down to USB configuration, and choose picture transfer protocol.
This fixed mine right away, same phone as yours!

Had I not invested so much time and money in the MP and Spark along with accessories, I would have put both products up for sale on Ebay but for the fact I was able to engage in a phone conversation with DJI support and after 40 minutes of patiently following her instructions was able to reconnect both drones. One more experience like this and I’ll be done with DJI products.

Had to do a factory reset of my Note 8. Current version is 8.0.0 (Kernel v 4.4.78). Reinstalled Go4 app from Google Play Store (4.4.21 7/13/18). Prior version 4.2.16 no problem. Latest version .21 could not reconnect. Was told by DJI this .21 version is not supported therefore they sent me the following link to the previous version:

Janah (Support)

8月6日 CEST20:50
Please see link below for the lowest version of DJI GO 4 application .
DJI GO 4 V 4.2.16 DJI Go 4-4.2.16
Best Regards ,
John

Was unable to install until I found this forum: DJI Go 4 Not supporting Note 8 08072018

Submitted by djiuser_7zO4VsUoMAix :

Go to your Samsung Note 8 "Application" icon and Open Settings option.
Step 3: Under Settings option, select About phone, then choose Software Information.
Step 4: Scroll down the screen and tap Build number several times until you see a message that says "Developer mode has been enabled".
Enable Developer Option on Note 8
Step 5: Select on the Back button and you will see the Developer options menu under Settings, and select Developer options.
Step 6: Slide the "Developer Options" button to "On" and check "USB debugging".
Step 7: You will see a messages "Allow USB Debugging", click "OK".
After this, in the developer options menu scroll down to USB configuration, and choose picture transfer protocol.
This fixed mine right away, same phone as yours!

Had I not invested so much time and money in the MP and Spark along with accessories, I would have put both products up for sale on Ebay but for the fact I was able to engage in a phone conversation with DJI support and after 40 minutes of patiently following her instructions was able to reconnect both drones. One more experience like this and I’ll be done with DJI products.
What problems we're you having with your note 8? I have the same phone but haven't had any issues.

I also have a Note8. Only issue I have which is well documented on many forums is my still photos do not transfer to my phone. Videos transfer without a hitch. I have to remove the MicroSd and put it on my phone or USB the pics off the drone to a laptop or phone. Occasionally the DJI app does have connection issues in flight but many have reported that just recently in the latest phone update

What problems we're you having with your note 8? I have the same phone but haven't had any issues.
Factory reset recommended by my carrier (Verizon) because one undetermined app would ad and drop other apps from my home page. Once reset everything worked just fine. As I said, the problem with the DJI app occurred after I reinstalled from Google PS V 4.2.21 (7/13/18) which I learned from DJI tech the Note 8 was no longer compatible with their latest release. Reinstalling V 4.2.16 has solved the problem. I'd be curious to know which version you and others are running on the Note 8....

i am on 4.2.21. Havent rolled back. Funny thing is i was taking stills all weekend and nothing carried over to my Photos Folder on my phone. Toady i went out for a quick spin, all the photos carried over. Go figure.

Factory reset recommended by my carrier (Verizon) because one undetermined app would ad and drop other apps from my home page. Once reset everything worked just fine. As I said, the problem with the DJI app occurred after I reinstalled from Google PS V 4.2.21 (7/13/18) which I learned from DJI tech the Note 8 was no longer compatible with their latest release. Reinstalling V 4.2.16 has solved the problem. I'd be curious to know which version you and others are running on the Note 8....
I am on 4.2.21. I just flew my Mavic Pro and Mavic Air last Saturday without any issues. I have At&t as my carrier, I doubt if that makes a difference.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada