DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Samsung S8 Plus

I have an S8 and the only issue I have is that the phone charges from the controller. I have yet to find a solution and, as I understand, it may be an issue with Android in general. I've tried disabling the "charge this phone", but no luck.
Try using just the charging cable for the phone run into the usb under the controller. I have had great success with that.

Reactions: Former Member
I have the Galaxy Note 8 and I have been using my iPad pro 9.7 because of app crashing on Android. Anyone else getting the constant crashing will is using Android?
I was until the recent update. I also installed the new Assistant 2 then refreshed everything. So far so good [emoji106]

I have had more app crashes and problems with iOS than my note 8. I tried my wife's iPhone 6s plus and an iPad mini 4. I still use the mini though because of the screen size.

But if you look through the threads here you will see a back and forth between the two os. I would say the majority say go iOS though.

I know it seems like if you ask 10 people you get 10 different answers on the DJI app performance. I feel like the general census is that DJI puts more resources into iOS development though. I am glad to hear that others are having success with Android, specifically the Note 8.

I have an S8 and the only issue I have is that the phone charges from the controller. I have yet to find a solution and, as I understand, it may be an issue with Android in general. I've tried disabling the "charge this phone", but no luck.

You can make a "data only" USB cable. I have done it in the past for this reason on another device. Here is a tutorial on modifying a type B USB cable but the same would apply for other USB Cables like type A or C.

DIY Data Only USB Type B

This didn't work for me, using Note 8
One last thought. I also use the Note 8. I tried the usb charging cable for the RC that came with the Mavic plugged into the Note 8. Mind you have to use the micro usb to type-C adapter that came with the phone. Hope that fixes your issue. When used in this configuration with my Note 8 it automatically brings up the Go4 app all on its own.

Good luck brother.

One last thought. I also use the Note 8. I tried the usb charging cable for the RC that came with the Mavic plugged into the Note 8. Mind you have to use the micro usb to type-C adapter that came with the phone. Hope that fixes your issue. When used in this configuration with my Note 8 it automatically brings up the Go4 app all on its own.

Good luck brother.

Wow, but I can’t remember which cable came with mavic now, I have cables everywhere [emoji23][emoji23]
But I picked up the latest iPad wifi only (full size) in 128gb the other day, basically brand new. Got it for a bargain so I plan to use that now.
But thanks for the tip!!

I just purchased a used Mavic. Have had two flights and both seem to have disconnected from the app in mid flight. First time the drone was 20 feet away and it just landed on its own and second time about 200 yards away. I lost connection to the drone and it went to Rth mode. I had intermittent control of drone. Pretty scary. Using s8 plus with supplied wires from DJI. Drone had campus calibration before flight. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dochavez1986