DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Samsung S8 questions

Vmaxhp

Reactions
I'm using my primary cell, an S8, connected to the controller.
I experienced a couple of times when the app just stopped and the phone's home screen appeared. Thoughts?
For others using Android, how do you set up your phone? Turn off some services so you don't get interruptions?
Thanks

Samsung devices (with exceptions) are notoriously unstable. Best bet is to get a dedicated device (I use a Galaxy Tab S2 running LineageOS and look at the WunderPhone and WunderTab threads as well). There's just too much Samsung Kr4P running on top of anything along with a very tight control over the USB port. In the interim do a search on USB Debugging and that will tell you what you need to do to open up the USB port to what Samsung considers as nefarious uses. Good luck!

Reactions: Vmaxhp
I had the same problem. I now always fly with an iPhone as it hasn't had an issue thus far and just use my S8 when the iPhone dies.

But I ha e noticed the connection is more stable now with the S8 after the last round of updates. I updated everything so I couldn't say which update made the improvement.

Reactions: Vmaxhp
s8+ and my go app shuts down on almost every flight for me too. Litchi does not shut down so I blame the DJI Go app.

Had the same issues with my S8, switched to an iPad mini 4 never have any issues. Only Apple product I own, just for my Mavic Pro.

Reactions: harryb
I also run on an S8, but unlike others, I have only experienced one instance of an app crash. When it happened (2nd flight after purchase), it went into RTH mode, and nearly cost me the aircraft. Turns out, for me at least, to have been a bad connection from the S8 to the controller. I was using the supplied cord, so, after reading about some others having an issue with the supplied cable, I swapped it out for my normal OEM cord, and have had zero issues since.

For what it's worth, I'm running current firm/soft ware. In addition, I always kill all apps, and put my phone into airplane mode prior to aircraft start.

Ironically, Litchi repeatedly crashed until I restarted my phone, then all was well.

Cheers!

I also run on an S8, but unlike others, I have only experienced one instance of an app crash. When it happened (2nd flight after purchase), it went into RTH mode, and nearly cost me the aircraft. Turns out, for me at least, to have been a bad connection from the S8 to the controller. I was using the supplied cord, so, after reading about some others having an issue with the supplied cable, I swapped it out for my normal OEM cord, and have had zero issues since.

For what it's worth, I'm running current firm/soft ware. In addition, I always kill all apps, and put my phone into airplane mode prior to aircraft start.

Ironically, Litchi repeatedly crashed until I restarted my phone, then all was well.

Cheers!

Same here, Galaxy S8+. : I s
Kill all apps that are running and switch on airplane mode so no calls, WiFi, or tx messages . Running latest up to date firmware and soft ware. Flawless.