DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Samsung S8+ serious overheating & black screen

No offense to Android owners but DJI should just drop Android App support if they don't plan on doing it right.
Just too many horror stories and firmware versions that work right on one model and not on another.

It's just a frustration that can be avoided if DJI just said up front that it only supports IOS devices.

Rob

If they did that I think they you loose a big market share

I know I won't be dictated to on what device I use
I have passed on I few products due to them stating only supports apple's

Dji use android for the mavic as well, are you saying that's the reason for the glitches?

If they did that I think they you loose a big market share

I know I won't be dictated to on what device I use
I have passed on I few products due to them stating only supports apple's

Dji use android for the mavic as well, are you saying that's the reason for the glitches?

No I am just saying the android app almost never works properly across different approved devices. If after almost a year they still can't get it right maybe they need to hang it up and admit it's an iOS compatible drone only. It's better to know up front that a product works only with iOS than to buy it and find out later that the android support is buggy and they are unable to fix it.

Rob

Anyone else flying Mavic with S8+ have the same problem I am experiencing with overheating?...

This happened to me with my S7 Edge. When the phone gets too hot, it shuts down. Only solution for me is to keep the phone out of direct sunlight.

Anyone else flying Mavic with S8+ have the same problem I am experiencing with overheating?
It seems that the controller is always charging from the S8+ as soon as it is connected which must contribute to the overheating problem so I set the charging rate at normal as opposed to fast rapid/fast charge.
Screen res is FHD+ 2220x1080 (medium) I live in bright hot climate so need the screen to be optimum brightness just to see the terrain.
Can't believe I paid so much for a new phone that overheats flying just one battery - screen goes black & cannot open back the phone..........although still can control the Mavic to get it to home.
Any way to stop the controller sucking battery from the S8+ at all ? Possibly a cable from the S8+ to the USB port would stop the controller charging ???
I could fly out 4 batteries with my old Note 3 & it NEVER overheated!!!!
Would appreciate your input guys & I apologise if this has been discussed before - would like the link to any solutions to this problem if it has been discussed before & MOST importantly addressed the problem with a solution.............thanks

Not me,I fly with my Galaxy S8 no problems whatsoever.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian