DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

samsung tab a

swamper2

Reactions
have a tab a coming soon. anyone have any input on performance. just got my mav pro yesterday and did not realize that there might be issues with android.

have a tab a coming soon. anyone have any input on performance. just got my mav pro yesterday and did not realize that there might be issues with android.
I had to downgrade to version 0 1 0 0 to get my tab a and Galaxy S7 working again with my mavic Pro after installing the new update 0400

DJI just does not support these Tab A's very well. Never could get it to work on the Phantom either.

They used to work on the older versions of Go4, but not with the later. I rooted my Tab A and put it back to .09 I think to get it to work.
I have it in my flight case as a secondary display now. I use a LeTV chinese super phone now.

Hi

I own and use a Galaxy Tab A (2016 model) ref. SM-T580
No issues at all with :

- Android : v7.0
- DJI GO 4 : v4.2.21
- Mavic : v01.04.0400

Last edited:
Reactions: Flycaster
mine can't keep up with the camera. the picture pixelates and take a few seconds to catch up when I stop the aircraft. Half the screen turns green till it clears up. just seems like it can't process fast enough. all good with my s9+ though.

My Tab was shite too after another injection of Bloatware into the Go4 crAPP.

mine can't keep up with the camera. the picture pixelates and take a few seconds to catch up when I stop the aircraft. Half the screen turns green till it clears up. just seems like it can't process fast enough. all good with my s9+ though.
Crazy it works very well with my S8 and my wife's S9+, but frustrating it didn't work with my Tab S purchased specifically for this reason.

Crazy it works very well with my S8 and my wife's S9+, but frustrating it didn't work with my Tab S purchased specifically for this reason.
See above post, you might have to go to an earlier version of the Go4 app.
Mine works fine but I am on a year and a half old version of the Go4 app, and AC/Battery/Controller firmware. NEVER updated anything, and all comms are cut to the internet with my Mavic and Tab A. Workie fine....
Any update to anything is a roll of the dice. Once you get it sweet and "non-naggy", etc, leave it be.

Reactions: mlee
Got some peeps saying the latest Go4 app is working again on many Android devices from Tab A, Zen series, Tab S2, S3, S7 phones, Media Pad and others.
4.2.24 is out. Maybe DJI fixed it. I'll try later or this weekend. Buzz through some batteries and see if it is fixed.

I jus
I download the go 4 file and it won't open , says no app found to open. so i load apkpure to get the app and still won't recognize it.
t tried it, downloaded for me. Did you look in the internal downloads folder?
Or
Try to download it onto your pc, then throw the specific .apk file you just downloaded onto the micro sd card, stick that into your tabby and install from there. Make sure you clean out the old cache from the previous install..

Got some peeps saying the latest Go4 app is working again on many Android devices from Tab A, Zen series, Tab S2, S3, S7 phones, Media Pad and others.
4.2.24 is out. Maybe DJI fixed it. I'll try later or this weekend. Buzz through some batteries and see if it is fixed.
I tried, it seems to run fine but won't connect to anything.

I tried, it seems to run fine but won't connect to anything.
How do you mean? The controller powers up, the ac powers up, then the app should auto start showing the Mavic, and hit go fly. That's how it should work.
Once in a while, you may have to retry the boot sequence again, controller, ac, and then sometimes you may have to hit the app icon itself, but it should connect and see video feed when the controller and ac are powered up.

How do you mean? The controller powers up, the ac powers up, then the app should auto start showing the Mavic, and hit go fly. That's how it should work.
Once in a while, you may have to retry the boot sequence again, controller, ac, and then sometimes you may have to hit the app icon itself, but it should connect and see video feed when the controller and ac are powered up.
Everything powers up and app shows Mavic but it will not enter the device and connect. Pop my S8 in and it works just fine. Same version 4.2.24

My Tab A Works fine.
I actually have a Tab S2... but either way glad to hear yours works. Only thing I haven't tried is going back to previous versions of software. Had it connected to my P3 Adv for a few seconds here and there but it never would work their either.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato