DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Samsung Tab A7 10.4" 2020 & Mavic Air 2

Sorry to bring back an old post, but I JUST came across this scenario and was debating using my Tab A7 also for this. Does switching the Transmission from HD to Smooth impact the actual drone recording, or is it just the image that's displayed?
There is no impact on the true HD video which is stored on the drone. The Tab A7 is merely a monitor.

There is no impact on the true HD video which is stored on the drone. The Tab A7 is merely a monitor.
Thank you for this clarification. Is there any certaij method or procedure to follow to ensure all of the footages gets transferred to my device properly? I'm still a fairly new MA2 owner and learning all the fun details :)

Once you are finished with your flights for the day, you can connect the drone to your computer and copy the footage that way. Or you can take out the SD card and copy it that way if you have a card reader. I hope this is what you were asking.

Once you are finished with your flights for the day, you can connect the drone to your computer and copy the footage that way. Or you can take out the SD card and copy it that way if you have a card reader. I hope this is what you were asking.
Yes it is what I was asking, thank you. Is that what the USB port is for on the side opposite the SD card, for direct computer connection?

Yes it is what I was asking, thank you. Is that what the USB port is for on the side opposite the SD card, for direct computer connection?
Yes indeed.

Reactions: Jgruberman

However, you are MUCH better off taking out the microSD card and plugging it into a USB 3.0 reader (and of course 3.0 port). Especially if you have a lot of video captured, especially 4k, as the file sizes get quite large. I keep two cards and two readers in my kit for my MA2 so I can constantly swap them in and out. Hope that is helpful.

However, you are MUCH better off taking out the microSD card and plugging it into a USB 3.0 reader (and of course 3.0 port). Especially if you have a lot of video captured, especially 4k, as the file sizes get quite large. I keep two cards and two readers in my kit for my MA2 so I can constantly swap them in and out. Hope that is helpful.
Yes that's a good tip. I try to keep my bag as prepared as possible and having a spare reader will definitely be helpful.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S