DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Samsung Tab E + Mavic Pro bug?

Joymaker

Reactions
I just bought a Mavic Pro, and a samsung Galaxy Tab E to fly it with. I'm so tired of small phone screens! I plugged a cable from the tablet into the USB A port on the controller, and immediately an alert box began to flash on the tablet: "Do you want to always open the app DJI Go 4 when this device is plugged in?" or similar words. I tried touching the OK or Cancel buttons, neither one stopped the behavior. The message box keeps flickering on and off about twice per second until I unplug the controller.

Bad cable? Bad USB port? So this time I tried (with extreme awkwardness) plugging the short supplied cable into the tiny USB port on the left of the controller, and into the tablet. SAME EXACT BEHAVIOR.

So I'm still flying with my 5" iphone 6 screen, and it's working fine.

This tablet is on DJI's list of recommended tablets for their app. What could be going on?

Format correction, new error message:

Problem?

I just bought a Mavic Pro, and a samsung Galaxy Tab E to fly it with. I plugged a cable from the tablet into the USB A port on the controller, and immediately an alert box began to flash on the tablet: "Do you want to always open the app DJI Go 4 when this device is plugged in?" or similar words. Flashing on and off about twice per second.

Was unit in a crash?
No

What have you tried so far?
Bad cable? Bad USB port? So this time I tried (with extreme awkwardness) plugging the short supplied cable into the tiny USB port on the left of the controller, and into the tablet. SAME EXACT BEHAVIOR.

Finally when I caught it once long enough to say OK, that quit. But I can't get DJI Go 4 to recognize the connection by any manner of means. The connection is never recognized and I sometimes get the error pictured below

What device are you using ( iphone , ipad, Samsung , etc)?
Samsung Pad E 9.6" screen, 16 GB
Android version 7.1.1
Samsung Experience version 8.5

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)?
?? How would I find out my Controller's version number? This problem does not even depend upon being connected to the aircraft.

What Go app version are you using?
The most recent, installed 2 days ago.
But please tell me how to find this out. I can't find an "about this app" option anywhere in the app.

Any modification? (if so what)
No

Did you change anything or install any apps? (if so what)
Just the initial install of the DJI Go 4 app.

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem? (if so post link)
Galaxy Tab error message.jpg

The real question: do I need to return this tablet and buy a different one? Is it incompatible?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman