DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Samsung Tab S2 and GO 4

kndll

Reactions
Anyone using a Tab S2 with GO 4 ? I cannot get mine to connect to the RC , tried all the tricks , new cable , old versions of the app , I know It's not on the list of compatible devices , just want to know if anyone has had any success .

I've used a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8" with 32GB and WiFi for the past six months and it works fine with my Mavic Air and its remote. I keep the DJI GO 4 app up to date (I just updated to 4.3.12).

I always start up the hardware in the same order. I'm not really sure it makes a difference, but it works for me. Try this (if you haven't already):
  1. Power up the remote control.
  2. Power up the drone.
  3. Power up the tablet; wait until the Android home screen is displayed.
  4. Attach the USB cable from the remote control to the tablet (I use the center connector, not the one on the side).
  5. Launch the DJI GO 4 app.
  6. Go fly.
That pretty much always works for me.

Larry

I've used a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8" with 32GB and WiFi for the past six months and it works fine with my Mavic Air and its remote. I keep the DJI GO 4 app up to date (I just updated to 4.3.12).

I always start up the hardware in the same order. I'm not really sure it makes a difference, but it works for me. Try this (if you haven't already):
  1. Power up the remote control.
  2. Power up the drone.
  3. Power up the tablet; wait until the Android home screen is displayed.
  4. Attach the USB cable from the remote control to the tablet (I use the center connector, not the one on the side).
  5. Launch the DJI GO 4 app.
  6. Go fly.
That pretty much always works for me.

Larry
thats funny cause i have my tablet plugged in to RC, RC off and tablet on. I turn the drone on first then turn on the RC. the screen pops on tablet to launch Go4. an no issues ever.

to the OP though enable "devoloper options" then turn off USB debugging or turn it on cant remember but you want the opposite of how its set

Reactions: mereflyer
I have the T713 version which I've researched and the hardware is different from other TAB S2 's , tried all the usb tricks , power tablet on last , nothing works .

It might well be that the order in which one turns things on doesn't make any (or much) difference. I just go with what works with my setup. :)

Regarding USB debugging, I have it turned off (I've never turned it on), but it couldn't hurt to try it both ways.

Larry

I have the T713 version which I've researched and the hardware is different from other TAB S2 's , tried all the usb tricks , power tablet on last , nothing works .
I have no idea which version of the tablet I own. How do you find out?

I just checked my original order (I bought it from Amazon), and it lists the tablet as a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8"; 32 GB Wifi Tablet (White) SM-T713NZWEXAR. Is the T713 part what you're referring to?

Larry

The model number is in Settings, the last tab, which is info about device (Sorry, my tablet speaks Finnish, so I don't the exact English wording). There you see Device name and Model number. My model number is T819. It used to work fine with Phantom 4, when I bought it (the drone) in 2016. The tablet originally had Android 5 ("Lollipop"). When the tablet updated itself to Android 6 (Marshmallow), it became very critical about the order in which the devices were turned on. After Android 7 (Nougat) update, it has never worked. Instead a pop-up window keeps popping on an off, asking about USB usage.

I even found out how the OS can be dropped back to 6.0 (use Odin and Samsung drivers, download and flash stock rom for the tab version you own). I managed to downgrade Android but it didn't help.

Then yesterday, I came across a Youtube video by "Musing of a Man". His solution was to connect the tab and controller with a USB 3 cable (with a blue A-type connector), and a C -> B micro adapter in the other end. I tried that and it worked - but only once. I couldn't repeat the successful connection. The pop-up window doesn't pop on and off, but DJI GO doesn't connect (M2P not identified, no camera view on tablet).

My next effort will likely be trying Lineage OS.

The model number is in Settings, the last tab, which is info about device (Sorry, my tablet speaks Finnish, so I don't the exact English wording). There you see Device name and Model number. My model number is T819. It used to work fine with Phantom 4, when I bought it (the drone) in 2016. The tablet originally had Android 5 ("Lollipop"). When the tablet updated itself to Android 6 (Marshmallow), it became very critical about the order in which the devices were turned on. After Android 7 (Nougat) update, it has never worked. Instead a pop-up window keeps popping on an off, asking about USB usage.

I even found out how the OS can be dropped back to 6.0 (use Odin and Samsung drivers, download and flash stock rom for the tab version you own). I managed to downgrade Android but it didn't help.

Then yesterday, I came across a Youtube video by "Musing of a Man". His solution was to connect the tab and controller with a USB 3 cable (with a blue A-type connector), and a C -> B micro adapter in the other end. I tried that and it worked - but only once. I couldn't repeat the successful connection. The pop-up window doesn't pop on and off, but DJI GO doesn't connect (M2P not identified, no camera view on tablet).

My next effort will likely be trying Lineage OS.
Ive seen that You Tube video as part of my research , I know the RC is ok because I've updated it through the computer using the usb port

The model number is in Settings, the last tab, which is info about device (Sorry, my tablet speaks Finnish, so I don't the exact English wording). There you see Device name and Model number. My model number is T819.
In the About Phone section of my phone, I see the following:

My phone number ... (my phone number)
Model number ... SM-G950U.
Serial number ... (my serial number)

At least in the case of my phone, nothing like T107 seems to show up anywhere.

Another difference is that "About phone" isn't the last selection. The last item is "System updates".

My phone is running Android version 8.0.0. Could this be the reason for the discrepancies?

Larry

SM-G950U appears to be a model number of a Galaxy S8 smartphone.
Oops, sorry! I was looking at my smart phone and not my tablet. Checking the tablet now..

Yep, there it is. The Model number is SM-T713. So this is a T713.

In case it makes any difference, the tablet is running Android version 7.0.

Thanks for catching that. I obviously could use more coffee. :)

Larry

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NIKLM