DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Samsung Tablet won't connect...

use the original cable that came with your drone, even though its short, just to isolate the cable problem. There are plenty of bad cables out there. No one can really tell if one is good or not unless there are prior reviews etc, or they are OEM or trusted brands.

I don't have drone yet, but i'd either go to amazon and search for usb-c to micro usb charge and sync and buy a couple different ones or if you want your best chance get something like this:
again I don't have drone, could be controller needs something special. Its harder to make micro provide enough data to something expecting usb-c than other way around.

View attachment 101878
I can confirm that that cable does not work... lol I just bought it and returned it myself.. got no indication at all when it was plugged into my samsung tablet.
Not sure if you can take the tablet back, i bought the Samsung Tab S6 and it works beautifully . Just plug in and it automatically goes to the App. They are a little pricey but well worth it

Not sure if you can take the tablet back, i bought the Samsung Tab S6 and it works beautifully . Just plug in and it automatically goes to the App. They are a little pricey but well worth it
You're asking him to swap a 200 dollar tablet for a 600 dollar tablet. I have a Tab S6 but I would never use that for my drone. I want something I can leave in my bag and dedicate to the drone. If we need USB-C tablet then I'd suggest getting a Tab S3 as they can be picked up relatively cheap now, but since a cable is provided to micro usb, I'm guessing this is solved with a simple 10 dollar cable swap

Reactions: CareyL
use the original cable that came with your drone, even though its short, just to isolate the cable problem. There are plenty of bad cables out there. No one can really tell if one is good or not unless there are prior reviews etc, or they are OEM or trusted brands.
If the original cable works, I made a tablet holder that lets you use the original shorter cables.

Yeah, the S6 is a bit expensive for my blood after having spent over $1,000 on the drone. Someone told me they were using this tablet so that's why I bought it. The cables that came with the drone do not fit the Samsung.

I made the same tablet mount. Works great. But the provided cables don't fit my tablet. I need a usb-C to micro usb cable. Any ideas where I can find one without waiting several days in the mail?

I made the same tablet mount. Works great. But the provided cables don't fit my tablet. I need a usb-C to micro usb cable. Any ideas where I can find one without waiting several days in the mail?
You have one, unless you threw it out.

The Fly More Combo comes with 3 different cables.

RC Cable (USB Type-C Connector)
RC Cable (Standard Micro-USB Connector)
RC Cable (Lightning Connector)

Your tablet has micro-usb.

Finally found a usb-c to micro usb cable at, believe it or not Batteries Plus. It's six foot long but I don't care. Plugged it in and everything took off like it's suppose to do. Initialized everything and finally got in my first flight. Very uneventful. Drone flew great. That's good. I ordered a shorter cord which will look better but I'm flying. Big thanks to everyone in helping me solve this frustrating problem.

Reactions: z28lt1
Finally found a usb-c to micro usb cable at, believe it or not Batteries Plus. It's six foot long but I don't care. Plugged it in and everything took off like it's suppose to do. Initialized everything and finally got in my first flight. Very uneventful. Drone flew great. That's good. I ordered a shorter cord which will look better but I'm flying. Big thanks to everyone in helping me solve this frustrating problem.
glad you got it going, unfortunately cables like that are hard to know what's good or bad. My MA2 comes tomorrow and I also have a microusb tablet I want to use. Hopefully I have an adapter or cable floating around that will work. Upside is I have usb-c devices I can use if I need to order a cable.

View attachment 101878
I can confirm that that cable does not work... lol I just bought it and returned it myself.. got no indication at all when it was plugged into my samsung tablet.
I was having issues with my phone recognizing the RC also. I found that my Otterbox case was to thick to allow the stock 90° cable to make a full connection. I went with this, and it works fine.

Attachments

• 20200520192618_IMG_0351.JPG
    6.8 MB · Views: 9
  • 20200520192656_IMG_0353.JPG
    6.5 MB · Views: 9
Reactions: pgenneken
I purchased one of these cables from amazon - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CWH4YK2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Just tried it and it connected to it with no problem. the 1 foot length is perfect for my tablet.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 - it was giving me problems connecting when I connected the short cable that is provided with the Air 2.
Screen keeps flickering and and asking if the fly app should be default. but it flashes so fast you can't select it.
Found on another forum that if you turn the tablet off - then connect the cable with the controller on then turn the tablet back on
it works..
Almost went out and bought another tablet.

Hope to take it out flying tomorrow.

I purchased one of these cables from amazon - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CWH4YK2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Just tried it and it connected to it with no problem. the 1 foot length is perfect for my tablet.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 - it was giving me problems connecting when I connected the short cable that is provided with the Air 2.
Screen keeps flickering and and asking if the fly app should be default. but it flashes so fast you can't select it.
Found on another forum that if you turn the tablet off - then connect the cable with the controller on then turn the tablet back on
it works..
Almost went out and bought another tablet.

Hope to take it out flying tomorrow.
I just set up my tab s2(T813) this afternoon and had the exact same experience with first connect. Then it connected ok(using a usb-c usb-a cabe with usb-a to micro adapter)

I went and did a quick test flight and it was fine, that said I noticed one thing that bothers me that doesn't happen with usb-c phone. If you disconnect the cable while in fly mode it will not reconnect until you restart the controller and app. With usb-c it reconnects almost immediately. Same results with included cable. Not sure if it's the tablet or just the behavior with micro usb.

I just set up my tab s2(T813) this afternoon and had the exact same experience with first connect. Then it connected ok(using a usb-c usb-a cabe with usb-a to micro adapter)

I went and did a quick test flight and it was fine, that said I noticed one thing that bothers me that doesn't happen with usb-c phone. If you disconnect the cable while in fly mode it will not reconnect until you restart the controller and app. With usb-c it reconnects almost immediately. Same results with included cable. Not sure if it's the tablet or just the behavior with micro usb.

On mine if the app crashes or i kill it.. it still connects. But once the cable is disconnected - I have to shut down the tablet, connect the cable again and turn the tablet on to reconnect.
havent tried to restart the controller and app. although I don't know how I feel about restarting the controller while in flight.

On mine if the app crashes or i kill it.. it still connects. But once the cable is disconnected - I have to shut down the tablet, connect the cable again and turn the tablet on to reconnect.
havent tried to restart the controller and app. although I don't know how I feel about restarting the controller while in flight.
Exactly, this is my big concern. I'll try some other micro usb devices and see if it's just the tablet. That said when flying there was no lag with 1080p transmission and it flew very well, but that said flying with my Note 10+ is a pretty good experience and unlike the MA1 it fits fine with my case on, so even though I have a usb-c Tab s3 floating around I may stick to flying with phone.

Reactions: pgenneken
Using the cable provided by DJI my Samsung T290 loaded up and was flying in 5 minutes. Bought a quality Belden cable online . No go.

Using the cable provided by DJI my Samsung T290 loaded up and was flying in 5 minutes. Bought a quality Belden cable online . No go.
once connected pull the cable and plug it back in and see if it ever reconnects?

Who is going to know all that? I just want to fly my new drone that I've been trying to fly for the last week.
Ok now that I know it's the wrong cable (or at least it won't work in this case) can someone point me to the right one? This is getting very frustrating!
thanks in advance

I feel your pain and am troubled by the fact that DJI continues to struggle to make connections a piece of cake with Android and particularly Samsung products. The P4P had major issues with connecting to my Samsung tablet and I routinely had to play with the USB settings in the developers options to get it to connect, but the fact that it would, usually connect makes it clear it isn't a cable problem -- if it was it would never connect. Sadly, DJI care little about making there drones work with anything other than Apple products and with Apple products there's almost never a connection issue.

I do to receive my MA2 next Tuesday, if they don't delay the delivery again, and the first device I plan to connect is the Sansung S20+ followed by my Samsung Tab 2 tablet (3+ years old) -- fingers crossed!

Brian

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13