DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Samsung tablet?

Weird I've had absolutely no problems. Flew out 3 batteries the other day fine.
So manc54 I take it you are also using the Galaxy Tab A7 Lite to fly. I'd better get out there and put it through its paces. I want to put my S7 phone back in its case.

Does anyone use a Galaxy Tab 6 Lite with the DJI Fly App? I am looking at Samsung tablets and this tablet is on the list at Phantom Help. I would just like to know if it is compatible and if you have had any issues with it? Thank you and have a great day.

Any other Samsung tablet suggestions are welcome too.
I have the Galaxy Tab A7 Lite. No problems with it running DJI Fly. Download DJI Fly from the DJI Store online. I was very happy that after making sure I knew what I was doing, the app .apk file installed without a hitch. I even love watching the YouTube videos on the screen.

manc54, I too have had no problems like rob78 reported. No crashes. I have two problems, I have no idea where the video is going (although it shows up later so I'm sure it's being recorded), and the glare on the screen.

Glare on screen2.jpg
I looked online for sun hoods, but the best ones seem to come on a very slow boat from China. Probably need to make a model with construction paper, see if it works, and stitch one together from wire and black cloth.

Ken

Last edited:
I looked online for sun hoods, but the best ones seem to come on a very slow boat from China. Probably need to make a model with construction paper, see if it works, and stitch one together from wire and black cloth.

I'm not sure if these are on the slow boat from China, but if you need a hood for your device, a four sided hood works best to block the glare from all sides.

Especially when you need access to touch the screen.

I used a similar hood with my Mini 4 tablet and it worked well when flying the Spark.

MA2 317, that looks like a great source. Looks like the HAV3 Kit is the one. It's listed for the A7. $39.99
Thank you. This will save me a LOT of work. I'll see how long it takes to get here.

Ken

Last edited:
Reactions: MA2 317
manc54, I too have had no problems like rob78 reported. No crashes. I have two problems, I have no idea where the video is going (although it shows up later so I'm sure it's being recorded), and the glare on the screen.

Ken

Why am I the only one with an issue on the A7? 🙁 I'll take a video of it, maybe someone will have an idea. It seems to be more prominent when I open the map view and then back to camera view. Do you fly with WIFI enabled or do you two put it in Airplane mode?

I bought this hood, and it seems to work alright with it. A 4 sided would would probably be better, but just seems more cumbersome.

I am using a Galaxy Tab S7 (not Plus). The Fly app with my M3 (v. 1.5.0) drone broke video transmission after 10 minutes of 4K video recording, but this bug disappeared with the update to v.1.5.1. The screen of the S7 is generally bright enough to use even in sunlight, at least if I can put myself between the Sun and the tablet. I'm afraid you'll need a sunshade for the S6 Lite for sunny days. Right now, I believe the S7 line is the most recent line of Samsung's tablets, but there are already leaked photos from the Tab S8 line. If you can wait a couple of months, you may get an S7 tablet for the price you'd be paying now for the S6. With my M2P, the Tab S7 is also compatible with DJI GO, Litchi and Dronelink.
I'd check out the Hoodman hoods to cut the glare. I have the Galaxy Tab A7 Lite tablet, and it is listed as using the Hoodman Hav 3.

View attachment 147516

Ken
Yea I got fed up with the glare. Now bought a smart controller.....OK small screen but so bright.

Hoodman contacted me about the HAV3 hood I received. I'm returning that one, and they're sending me a HAV1, which they said should fit much better. I might even change to another type of mount to fit the tablet (Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 Lite) better.

Last edited:
I have the A7 also, same as you and @Toby 13 but the DJI FLY app crashes randomly. Sometimes it'll crash after just a couple minutes, sometimes it's after 20-30 minutes. I haven't figured out the cause, so I switched to Litchi and haven't had any issues. First time it happened I was a couple hundred yards away and it scared the crap out of me. 😂 Luckily, I was able to reopen the app and it reconnected with no issues.
The crash problem is strange. Has never happened to me with the A7. DJI Fly does go to sleep a lot, and to bring the tablet back to life, I have to do that connect-the-dots thing. Must be the A7 trying to save the battery.

The crash problem is strange. Has never happened to me with the A7. DJI Fly does go to sleep a lot, and to bring the tablet back to life, I have to do that connect-the-dots thing. Must be the A7 trying to save the battery.

I've been meaning to take a video of it, I can replicate it by switching between the map and back, but haven't done it yet. The last few times I've flown, I've used Litchi, which doesn't crash randomly on me. I may get to recording video of it this weekend.

I'd check out the Hoodman hoods to cut the glare. I have the Galaxy Tab A7 Lite tablet, and it is listed as using the Hoodman Hav 3.
Turns out the listing was a little abbreviated, and it was the Tab A7, not the Tab A7 Lite that the Hav 3 fits. They're sending me the HAV 1.

Last edited:
Reactions: MA2 317
Turns out the listing was a little abbreviated, and it was the Tab A7, not the Tab A7 Lite that the Hav 3 fits. They're sending me the HAV 1.
Hmmm, maybe there's something different in the hardware between the A7 and A7 Lite. I have the regular A7, not the Lite.

Hmmm, maybe there's something different in the hardware between the A7 and A7 Lite. I have the regular A7, not the Lite.
Looks like the overall size is different. The Tab A7 is 9.75" x 6,20". The A7 Lite is 8.37" x 4.91". The non-Lite is a bigger tablet by over an inch all around. So the Hoodman HAV 3 would probably fit it.

I just tested out the Galaxy Tab A7 Lite today, and it loaded the DJI Fly app just fine, and seemed to do everything it needs to do, giving me a nice big map of my area and the restricted area I'm near. So the GPS is working. Nice big screen, and the Fly app looks great.

View attachment 147449
This was taken in the kitchen so it shows it's not connected to the aircraft.
I just changed my tablet holder to a VCUTECH RC TABLET HOLDER PRO. A little more ungainly than the last one. Gets the tablet well above the RC. At least I was able to keep the lanyard.

NewHolder1.jpg
The screen is looking pretty bad. That's a screen cover film. I hope the tablet screen is still in good shate.

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian