DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Samsung tablet

TANGO1

Reactions
Hi. I'm new to the site and the drone industry, first Late me thank you for accepting me in this site, and here is my question, I have a Samsung Galaxy tablet model SM-T520 and I can't find how to download the app for the mini, message say that is not compatible with the app. Is any way I can make it work? Thank you for your time. Edgar

welcome to the forum ,it may be that your device is not compatible with the fly app

Reactions: Thomas B
Shop for a used iPad Mini. They are available everywhere and work much better with the Go Fly app. And they are lighter, faster and have better screen resolution.

Hi. I'm new to the site and the drone industry, first Late me thank you for accepting me in this site, and here is my question, I have a Samsung Galaxy tablet model SM-T520 and I can't find how to download the app for the mini, message say that is not compatible with the app. Is any way I can make it work? Thank you for your time. Edgar
A quick Google shows that tablet as having Android 4.4, whereas DJI Fly requires Android 6.0, at least. You might check Samsung's site to see if they have a firmware upgrade, but they probably don't. If you buy a used tablet, just be sure to check the Android version.

Last edited:
Shop for a used iPad Mini. They are available everywhere and work much better with the Go Fly app. And they are lighter, faster and have better screen resolution.
Is there a specific iPad mini model that does/does not work better than another?

A quick Google shows that tablet as having Android 4.4, whereas DJI Fly requires Android 6.0, at least. You might check Samsung's site to see if they have a firmware upgrade, but they probably don't. If you buy a used tablet, just be sure to check the Android version.
Thank you for your help.

I remember reading somewhere that the tablet/phone had to be 64bit, not 32bit running 64bit. This could be another restriction to overcome.

The 8" Samsung Galaxy Tab (SM-T290), works great with DJI FLy, Go4 & Litchi. It is 64 bit Android 9 and only costs $177 at Costco (Canada). I gave my 10" Tab A to my wife.

Reactions: Nuum and TANGO1
welcome to the forum from cold temps and snow in Wisconsin USA I have a samsung Tab3,for my MA. Might be a bit large for your MM. Amazon $110 US.

The 8" Samsung Galaxy Tab (SM-T290), works great with DJI FLy, Go4 & Litchi. It is 64 bit Android 9 and only costs $177 at Costco (Canada). I gave my 10" Tab A to my wife.
I justement follow your service...back from Costco and my new ST-T290 working A1...thanks a lot

Buongiorno a tutti.
Scusa la mia domanda, prima di acquistare il tablet Samsung Galaxy Tab 8 "(SM-T290), sei sicuro che funzioni bene con DJI FLY? Grazie per l'aiuto
non vorrei spendere soldi inutilmente

Buongiorno a tutti.
Scusa la mia domanda, prima di acquistare il tablet Samsung Galaxy Tab 8 "(SM-T290), sei sicuro che funzioni bene con DJI FLY? Grazie per l'aiuto
non vorrei spendere soldi inutilmente
I believe the language of this forum is English - please read the forum rules.

Reactions: dirkclod
have you got to try the tablet with the dji fly? because in my older tablet the DJI go 4 works well, instead with dji fly it doesn't work!
This is the Mavic Mini forum. The Samsung Galaxy Tab 8 "tablet (SM-T290), (64 bit Android), works with DJI FLY. It also works with Go4 and Litchi.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka