DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

San Diego Regulations

DanEngland

Reactions
Hi everyone,

I’m waiting for the Mavic 2 Zoom to arrive on Wednesday. I’m brand new to drone flying, and am trying to read up and learn the rules and regs, so I’m not an irresponsible pilot.

I live in Ocean Beach, San Diego, and from what I can tell using the various websites and apps, it is a no-fly zone due to the proximity of the airport. That said, folks are posting drone flights in OB, so I’m trying to figure out if these rules are just guidelines, or whether it’s a case of ‘don’t get caught’. I wasn’t planning on breaking any rules, but SD seems like a hard place to fly in.

Any advice would be very welcome, as I’m excited to get into this new hobby!

Dan

Hi everyone,

I’m waiting for the Mavic 2 Zoom to arrive on Wednesday. I’m brand new to drone flying, and am trying to read up and learn the rules and regs, so I’m not an irresponsible pilot.

I live in Ocean Beach, San Diego, and from what I can tell using the various websites and apps, it is a no-fly zone due to the proximity of the airport. That said, folks are posting drone flights in OB, so I’m trying to figure out if these rules are just guidelines, or whether it’s a case of ‘don’t get caught’. I wasn’t planning on breaking any rules, but SD seems like a hard place to fly in.

Any advice would be very welcome, as I’m excited to get into this new hobby!

Dan
You can head out to Fiesta Island and fly the area where "Over the Line" is held... I fly the metal frame structure to practice with...
Thanks,
Randy (La Mesa)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR