DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sat/Nav Reception in the Caribbean

beedee11

Reactions
Hi All:

Have just booked a Winter vacation in the Caribbean, St. Kitts & Nevis to be specific. Does anyone know how the nav/satellite reception is out there? Do you think I will be able to receive 9 or 11 sat receptions?

The filming opportunities there are really great, and I want to be sure I can fly with confidence.

Thanks in advance!

Bill
[email protected]

I fly in the Dominican Republic and The Bahamas all the time. I recommend traveling with the small soft bag instead of any professional hard case type box. Most Caribbean countries have high import taxes/duties on electronics and may try to charge you a tax or duty, if it's too obvious. The soft DJI bag looks like a camera for personal use and not something you may be importing for a local to keep.

Unless you live at the north or south pole why would you expect earth orbiting satellites to not cover a region?

Hi All:

Have just booked a Winter vacation in the Caribbean, St. Kitts & Nevis to be specific. Does anyone know how the nav/satellite reception is out there? Do you think I will be able to receive 9 or 11 sat receptions?

The filming opportunities there are really great, and I want to be sure I can fly with confidence.

Thanks in advance!

Bill
[email protected]
Flew my Mavic Pro in Aruba last February no problems at all

I’m in the Caribbean at the moment (Sint Maarten) which is only a stones throw from St Kitts & Nevis. I’ve had no problem flying my M2P with good sat reception. Also didn’t have any problem calibrating the compass.

Hi All:

Thanks in advance!

Bill
[email protected]
Flippin' awful indoors, but then it is where ever you are in the world!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arbee