DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Satellites lost during flight

Eagle430

Reactions
Within a weeks time during flying my mavic 3 I suddenly had a drop of satellites and as a result a gps lost, this happened for a couple of seconds,then the satellites came back. I was flying at very different locations but both locations were up in the mountains.
What got my attention also was that the drone was very near to me, height around 15meters / distance less than 70 meters.
I was using the rc controller on both occasi0ns , I didn't had this issue before with my n1 controller and my tablet,but also this could be a coincidence
Any feedback , if it can be something wrong with the rc or my mavic 3 or it was my luck?

Within a weeks time during flying my mavic 3 I suddenly had a drop of satellites and as a result a gps lost, this happened for a couple of seconds,then the satellites came back. I was flying at very different locations but both locations were up in the mountains.
What got my attention also was that the drone was very near to me, height around 15meters / distance less than 70 meters.
I was using the rc controller on both occasi0ns , I didn't had this issue before with my n1 controller and my tablet,but also this could be a coincidence
Any feedback , if it can be something wrong with the rc or my mavic 3 or it was my luck?
It's definitely not related to the controller you use.
If you are flying in Cyprus, it probably has nothing to do with your drone and everything to do with GPS jamming which is common there.

It's definitely not related to the controller you use.
If you are flying in Cyprus, it probably has nothing to do with your drone and everything to do with GPS jamming which is common there.
I had this scary issue as well, but my situation is totally different, I was flying at a low height , far from sea side where they have lots of gps jamming issues and also the satellites were lost for about 20 seconds and then returned back to full satellites (22)

I had this scary issue as well, but my situation is totally different, I was flying at a low height , far from sea side where they have lots of gps jamming issues and also the satellites were lost for about 20 seconds and then returned back to full satellites (22)
I'm not sure how you could be certain that this has nothing to do with large scale jamming coming from Israel.

This map shows the GPS jamming on Cyprus yesterday, most of the island is red.
The level of jamming may vary from day to day.

GPS_jam.jpg

I'm not sure how you could be certain that this has nothing to do with large scale jamming coming from Israel.
I am not 100% certain, just trying to figure out why it happened, I was in an area that weren't any reports for gps jamming ,also when the gps jam occurs the home point is set to Libanon and the drone flies away towards Libanon, in my case the home point was correct and the gps was lost for about 30 seconds,then returned back to normal with 22 satellites. Btw I am trying to upload the fly data , I recorded it with my phone but I get the message mp4 file is not supported

I am not 100% certain, just trying to figure out why it happened, I was in an area that weren't any reports for gps jamming
Except yours
also when the gps jam occurs the home point is set to Libanon and the drone flies away towards Libanon,
That's GPS spoofing which is just one way that GPS signal is interfered with.
The other way is simple GPS jamming in which the GPS signals from the sats are blocked by interference and the number of sats your drone receives suddenly drops to zero.

This map shows the GPS jamming on Cyprus yesterday, most of the island is red.
The level of jamming may vary from day to day.

View attachment 176579

What's the deal there, are they afraid of someone targeting parts of the island with GPS-guided missiles?

I read once that they laundered a lot of Russian money.

What's the deal there, are they afraid of someone targeting parts of the island with GPS-guided missiles?
Open the link I posted in post #3 and see where jamming is occurring.
It's covering a much larger area than just Cyprus

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rudyr