DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Save photos to phone (android)?

DJI-GO-Camera-Image-Format.jpg

Reactions: tony56shooter
I just tested it again I have latest update, i have JPEG selected and video saves to my phone and DJI app but photos only save to SD card in Mavic. I hope they fix this

I reinstalled DJI GO 4.2.4 this morning to test this. It worked for me as long as I did not have RAW selected as the image format. It's odd that it works for some people and not others.

Are you sure you're not shooting photos in RAW? You'll need to select one of the JPG formats in order to sync the photos on your mobile device.
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!! Went into settings and originally hit "reset camera settings" figuring it would take it back to original if somehow I changed it. Got a message it failed so I hunted a bit and found "image format" under the little camera tab. Changed the setting to JPEG, it was on JPEG+RAW. Took it outside and took a couple pictures and videos.It saved them both to the phone. Thanks for all your input as well as everyone else who posted.

Are you sure you're not shooting photos in RAW? You'll need to select one of the JPG formats in order to sync the photos on your mobile device.
This is interesting. I just went back into the controller to see what settings names were so I could reply. Took some pictures with it just sitting there in both Auto and Manual modes but both JPEG. Didn't save any of them so back to square one?

Man i am felipe from brazil.

Have a samsung note 8 and axexaclty the same problems u have reported here. Some times the pictures apear in my dji album (on thr phone) and other times note!!

I am pissed off
This is interesting. I just went back into the controller to see what settings names were so I could reply. Took some pictures with it just sitting there in both Auto and Manual modes but both JPEG. Didn't save any of them so back to square one?

I'm new to all this as I just got the Mavic Pro PL. a short while ago. At first when I took a picture it was saved on my phone as well as the Mavic memory. That doesn' happen anymore. It doesn't get saved to my phone, just the Mavic. I have the Auto Sync HD Photo in the on position as shown but still nothing. It does save videos to both though. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Skipping all the other threads. Were you able to resolve the pic saving issue? I have the same issue and its driving me crazy. I don't even get the shutter sound either.

That's good to hear someone else has this happening too. Not that I want anyone to have problems but at least we might be able to have others help us out. I thought maybe I got a defective drone. I bought it directly from DJI and I'm still learning. Thanks for replying. If I get mine to save to the phone again, I'll post how I did it. Thanks!

Skipping all the other threads. Were you able to resolve the pic saving issue? I have the same issue and its driving me crazy. I don't even get the shutter sound either

Skipping all the other threads. Were you able to resolve the pic saving issue? I have the same issue and its driving me crazy. I don't even get the shutter sound either

I am still having this issue. I did what Msinger suggested and still no help. I have emptied cache and deleted almost all photos from my phone to no avail. For a while I was also getting no shutter sound, but now that is back but still no pics on phone...only videos

4.2.4 is the current version of DJI GO 4.

You can find the version you have installed in the "General Settings" --> "About" section of DJI GO.

Latest version is 4.2.6
I face same issue like others before. But now its solve. Go to general setting on dji go apps. Chose 'Chace To SD card' and just follow the instruction as given on the apps. Make sure you hv external SD card inserted on your phone. I hv try and its working on my A8+ samsung android with mavic pro. All the best brother.

Latest version is 4.2.6
I face same issue like others before. But now its solve. Go to general setting on dji go apps. Chose 'Chace To SD card' and just follow the instruction as given on the apps. Make sure you hv external SD card inserted on your phone. I hv try and its working on my A8+ samsung android with mavic pro. All the best brother.

Where are you finding "general settings" ? In the DJI GO 4 app?

Latest version is 4.2.6

Any idea how to edit the path once selected?

I uninstalled app and reinstalled pictures saving now. I did this before and It didn't work but now it's working

Latest version is 4.2.6

I've done all the steps mentioned in this thread and it still will not save photos to the tablet

Like I said earlier - I'd done all the setting changes but I hadn't closed the program. Once I did that all was good.

Appears they still havent fixed this, with mode set to JPG + RAW no images appear to be downlinked to the device despite running the latest firmware that allegedly fixed this.
Previous behaviour before they broke it a few months ago was the JPGs got downlinked and the RAW saved to the SD card with this setting. Now nothing is sent down and things are stored only on the SD card.
I haven't tried selecting JPG only on the app yet (why would i - it reduces the mavic to a childrends toy) but its quite an annoying broken feature.

Hey all I'm new and came here to find a solution. Didn't find one on this forum but I did fix the issue. Make sure hd sync is on. On the bottom right corner there is a triangle that looks like the play button. The drone must be on and phone connected as if you were going to fly. Click it. It will take awhile to load, all photos will come up though . I went to my gallery and they showed up there as well. My phone is the galaxy note 8

Reactions: Rickardrr
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman