DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Save photos to phone (android)?

Hey all I'm new and came here to find a solution. Didn't find one on this forum but I did fix the issue. Make sure hd sync is on. On the bottom right corner there is a triangle that looks like the play button. The drone must be on and phone connected as if you were going to fly. Click it. It will take awhile to load, all photos will come up though . I went to my gallery and they showed up there as well. My phone is the galaxy note 8

Yay!!! I have been looking for a solution to the picture download to phone problem for MONTHS!!! This one worked and was so easy. Just a simple matter of downloading after flight before turning Mavic off....THANKS!

Reactions: Rickardrr
Well I have gotten burned by Samsung no more. No only did the latest update loose over 2000 pictures I’ll never be able to replace, the update killed the picture display quality and increased the picture lag. Bye bye Samsung. Hello iPhone 8+

Well I have gotten burned by Samsung no more. No only did the latest update loose over 2000 pictures I’ll never be able to replace, the update killed the picture display quality and increased the picture lag. Bye bye Samsung. Hello iPhone 8+

I wouldn’t dream of leaving photos on a smartphone. I have always downloaded Everything to my Mac at least once a day. If I dropped my phone in a fire I wouldn’t lose anything. Every song, every video, every photo or video is in iTunes. It amuses me to hear people get anxious about getting a new phone and saying they will lose all their pix. Android has a great feature that macs don’t have. That is you can use sd cards. I would transfer everything to that card. Daily.

my brother is usign apple... app crushes many times, sometimes even between flying...

ok, iam android user and having problems with this synch thing.

Sometimes it works ok, other times it doesnt synch at all... when i maually disable autosync and enable it again, it works... but few days later it doesnt synch... Sometimes it synch after few minutes after fly...

videos are synch normally.

So, what is the theory of synching? how does it work? Should it synch right away when photo is taken? Does it synch when drone is landed? How could i know when synching is in progress?

Can this be replyed from someone who knows how app works?

Hello my friend. If you have a Google account the pictures should be backed up there as the default settings are usually set that way, Unless you changed it. Lol. Just Sign in to your Google account and redownload them again. THIS has happened to to me on a number of occasions and Google saved my butt. HOPE THAT HELPS

MICHAEL

Yeah syncing still doesn't work. DJI broke it with an app update the beginning of the year and havent bothered fixing it. The only way to get photos off your drone without plugging the SD card in now is to use the playback menu from the flight screen and downloading them. Auto-sync HD doesnt work.
Its not a firmware update issue, its an app issue. If you use a version of Go4 from the end of last year it still works perfectly.

As for someone losing 2000 photos - thats 100% the users fault for not backup stuff up. If its important to you, make backups. Can't blame DJI for that one.

This is still an isssus for me? Photos not savi g in to the DJI app. Anyone solved the problem yet? Or more impoftantly is itbwing addressed by DJI?

This is still an isssus for me? Photos not savi g in to the DJI app. Anyone solved the problem yet? Or more impoftantly is itbwing addressed by DJI?

Mine went back to being saved as mysteriously as they stopped. Been working for at least a dozen flights now.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChickenOverload