DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Saved images with different "Date modified" times

marcbyron

Reactions
Hi,

I noticed on my M2P that images and videos taken at the same time sometimes have a 6 or 8 hour time difference between each other under the "date modified" tab in MacOS:

Screenshot 2019-08-28 06.43.48.png

Has anyone else noticed this as well? Is there a fix?

Thanks,
M

Hi,

I noticed on my M2P that images and videos taken at the same time sometimes have a 6 or 8 hour time difference between each other under the "date modified" tab in MacOS:

View attachment 80482

Has anyone else noticed this as well? Is there a fix?

Thanks,
M

Date created is the date / timestamp that the file was actually created on the device it originated and is static. Date Modified is the date / timestamp that the file was modified in someway. The Digital Negative files with the different Date / Modified time did you do anything with at those times? Open them up, edit them, Etc...?

You can also take it one step further and add a column for date added (when you added that file to the filesystem from another location) as well as date last opened. I would be curious to see the "date last opened" and see if it corresponds with Date Modified.

To add, simply right click on the titles (Name, Date Modified, Etc...) and select the new column you wish to add.

Date Modified is the date / timestamp that the file was modified in someway. The Digital Negative files with the different Date / Modified time did you do anything with at those times? Open them up, edit them, Etc...?

As you can see in my screenshot, the date modified for the files in question is 6 hours before they were created. Some other files have a 8 hour (in the past) modified date. I just want to make sure there is no defect, and if anyone else has experienced this issue.

Reactions: MAVIC_2_YTS
As you can see in my screenshot, the date modified for the files in question is 6 hours before they were created. Some other files have a 8 hour (in the past) modified date. I just want to make sure there is no defect, and if anyone else has experienced this issue.

Sorry about that, I overlooked the AM/PM difference. I don't believe there is any issue going on, rather a bug in MACos. Are you on Sierra by chance as I see allot of complaints for that symptom on the MACos forums.

I'm curious though, are you viewing the files on the memory card, or copied to the local OS?

Thanks.

Are those the first file you shot after turning the aircraft on?
It determines timezone from GPS position, so if you record something before it got GPS it could be offset.

What controller are you using? stock or SC? if SC, you might have a time issue, mine is always wrong, as much as 6 hours, so I have to remember to set the time each day I fly. The date on the SC is what the images are timestamped by, so many of my series will show they were taken at midnight, when I forgot to check the time setting of the SC.

Paul C

Are those the first file you shot after turning the aircraft on?
It determines timezone from GPS position, so if you record something before it got GPS it could be offset.

What controller are you using? stock or SC? if SC, you might have a time issue, mine is always wrong, as much as 6 hours, so I have to remember to set the time each day I fly. The date on the SC is what the images are timestamped by, so many of my series will show they were taken at midnight, when I forgot to check the time setting of the SC.

Paul C

But wouldn't that affect the date / time created? (if the time on the SC was off, then the date / time of creation would be off. That seems to be consistent, it's the "date modified" when the system thinks the file was altered is "back in time".

Ah. I missed that. You are right. Not sure what would cause that.

Paul C

Reactions: MAVIC_2_YTS
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada