DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Saying hello from Cornwall, UK

tokertm

Reactions
Just a late hello to everyone here, been on the forums for a month or so now.
UK Cornish lad here (well a 44 yr old lad)
New to these forums, but been flying various uav's since 2010, DJI ones since 2014. Fully licenced and insured in the UK with A2 CofC but mainly just use for hobby flights.

Only just a week or 2 ago I had to replace my Air 2s due to a short wet walk away from the car only to return to the car being broken into and my Air 2s and all my extras gone (fly more kit, lots of PL filters, tablet and other extras) and my wifes' DJI FPV gone, along with my laptop and a few other bits and bobs. Lost just over 3k in that stupid moment leaving it all in the boot, but it was raining, couldnt fly and wanted to see a waterfall while we were up in Scotland (I live in Cornwall, we were having a week away), it's the ONLY time I've left it all in the car, we were on our way back to a lodge for the evening after a few flights nearby. Such a shame. It was all covered in the boot, but they got in through the window, straight to the boot and took everything. We heard the alarm go off and ran back but it took us 20 mins to get back and there was no sign of anyone nearby .... so gutted. Anyway, not after sympathy, **** happens and I've moved on. Reported it to DJI so hopefully they wont be able to use the drones anyway, maybe just for spare parts.

Love the forums, everyone seems helpful here, wish I joined years ago when I was at the beginning of my piloting days.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to the forum.
Please and do be sure you have read our guidelines.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Hello from the Crossroads of America irrelevantmonkey

Sorry about your loss but as you stated, 💩 happens.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum!

A Formal Welcome to the Forum. I see that you've been a member so just over a month but this is your first posting in the new Comer's Forum. So here goes…

Welcome from the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, USA. We have a Member's Map in the Upper Right of the Title Bar. Click on "Members" and then Click on "Member's Map…" Check it out and you might find some new flying friends.

I am so sorry to hear of the recent break in of your car the robbery your possessions.

However, I'll not dwell on your mishap, but your more recent posting says that you've replaced your drone with an Air 2s.

Below is the link to all of the downloads offered by DJI for the Mavic Air 2s, including the User Manual.

After you read the Manual, read it again, you will be surprised what you missed the first time and you will be better prepared for that first "scary moment…"

Happy Droning and Season's Greetings…

Thank you for all the kind welcomes and tips
I have been looking at the map to see who is local, quite surprised really.
Thanks for the links, I've already read thru and printed the whole lot out (prefer paper to screens) when I got the air 2s the 1st time. Had the choice to go for something else but loved the air 2s too much and wanted to stay with what I knew already. Won't be replacing the fpv though.
Seasons greetings too!

Last edited:
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Just a late hello to everyone here, been on the forums for a month or so now.
UK Cornish lad here (well a 44 yr old lad)
New to these forums, but been flying various uav's since 2010, DJI ones since 2014. Fully licenced and insured in the UK with A2 CofC but mainly just use for hobby flights.

Only just a week or 2 ago I had to replace my Air 2s due to a short wet walk away from the car only to return to the car being broken into and my Air 2s and all my extras gone (fly more kit, lots of PL filters, tablet and other extras) and my wifes' DJI FPV gone, along with my laptop and a few other bits and bobs. Lost just over 3k in that stupid moment leaving it all in the boot, but it was raining, couldnt fly and wanted to see a waterfall while we were up in Scotland (I live in Cornwall, we were having a week away), it's the ONLY time I've left it all in the car, we were on our way back to a lodge for the evening after a few flights nearby. Such a shame. It was all covered in the boot, but they got in through the window, straight to the boot and took everything. We heard the alarm go off and ran back but it took us 20 mins to get back and there was no sign of anyone nearby .... so gutted. Anyway, not after sympathy, **** happens and I've moved on. Reported it to DJI so hopefully they wont be able to use the drones anyway, maybe just for spare parts.

Love the forums, everyone seems helpful here, wish I joined years ago when I was at the beginning of my piloting days.
Gosh sorry to hear about your gear being stolen, but welcome to the Forum, cheers Len

Welcolm to the forum from Sunny Somerset UK, so sorry to hear about your gear being stolen.... I must say that I've left my gear in my boot just in case there's something that I want to shoot when we are out and about. hopefully you'll have insurance cover to recover costs, I know this can sometimes be hard to get through and you would rather not have had all your gear stolen in the fist place. good luck with it all and hopefully you'll be up and flying soon.

Welcolm to the forum from Sunny Somerset UK, so sorry to hear about your gear being stolen.... I must say that I've left my gear in my boot just in case there's something that I want to shoot when we are out and about. hopefully you'll have insurance cover to recover costs, I know this can sometimes be hard to get through and you would rather not have had all your gear stolen in the fist place. good luck with it all and hopefully you'll be up and flying soon.
Thank you!
All back up already with another air 2s, drone is always with me when out with the pooch as there's always something to see, this was the only time I left all the bits in the car as it was horrific rain and we were actually on our way home that day (the theives even emptied out our clothes from a small suitcase and put the drones and electronics in it to take!). Recovered a fair whack from insurance which helped. Moved on now and just won't return to the exact area :)

Thank you!
All back up already with another air 2s, drone is always with me when out with the pooch as there's always something to see, this was the only time I left all the bits in the car as it was horrific rain and we were actually on our way home that day (the theives even emptied out our clothes from a small suitcase and put the drones and electronics in it to take!). Recovered a fair whack from insurance which helped. Moved on now and just won't return to the exact area :)
Thats great to know that you were able to recover part of the costs, Happy 2023 and hope everything goes well to get those aerial shots and make many more lovely memories, all the very best.

Reactions: tokertm
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78