DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SCARY ! Batteries not locking in

Again, I believe that the batteries have an internal mechanism that prevents recharging when too warm/hot.
U are correct ff22 :) for people that do not know.... When you plug in a battery that is still considered to warm or hot to charge, you will get a series of failsafe lights....(not sure of the light combination) you will definitely know something is up because it will not be the regular charging sequence...once cooled you can put the battery back on the charger and It will charge normally

Scary!

Stats.

Mavic pro 2 zoom

Never crashed

Flight time 26 hours

2 years old.

Ambient temperature 82 degrees

Experience FAA certified pilot sea and land.

Gripe report

Noticed a few flights ago upon landing the battery had a gap between it and the fuselage one side only not clicked in. WTF?????

Changed Batteries. Double check its locked in

Flew around as normal same thing !!!!

Scary!!!! that doesn't pass pre or post flight.

Anyone else?

Fly'n Bryan
View attachment 98975
Batteries swelling, dispose immediately and correctly, I have had this twice already, its not pleasant when they burst,

Ive only had my zoom since Feb. Purchased it along with 3 extra batteries so 4 in total and have nearly 30 charges on each battery with no signs of swelling. I fly alot of RC and Im very familiar with maintaining batteries. Im a autopilot developer and test fly as a profession everyday. I have to say, I have 100s of batteries with 100s of charge cycles on them and Ive had 2 batteries puff in the past 3 years. I mostly fly 4 and 5 cell batteries and the most Ive ever paid for 4s battery is $40.00, 1/3 the price of the DJI Mavic 2 batteries. I get that the DJI battery comes in a very pretty case and is supposed to be smart but who ever decided that the Storage capacity should be between 50% and 75% isnt so smart. Its way to high for storage. I store my batteries at 35% - 45%. I dont rely on the DJI battery smart discharge/storage feature, I use an after market charger, with a storage option. It brings the battery down to 42% which i find to be optimal for storage. DJI with all of its automation should be held responsible and liable for batteries that fail within a set time/number of cycles. It would be very easy for them to determine if a battery failed because of abuse or just a bad battery.
Just an FYI, its just as bad to store the battery with too low a charge as it is to store it too high. So if your flying and have your low battery warning set to 25% and you land at 20 - 25% dont store it like that, its needs to be bumped up.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Ive only had my zoom since Feb. Purchased it along with 3 extra batteries so 4 in total and have nearly 30 charges on each battery with no signs of swelling. I fly alot of RC and Im very familiar with maintaining batteries. Im a autopilot developer and test fly as a profession everyday. I have to say, I have 100s of batteries with 100s of charge cycles on them and Ive had 2 batteries puff in the past 3 years. I mostly fly 4 and 5 cell batteries and the most Ive ever paid for 4s battery is $40.00, 1/3 the price of the DJI Mavic 2 batteries. I get that the DJI battery comes in a very pretty case and is supposed to be smart but who ever decided that the Storage capacity should be between 50% and 75% isnt so smart. Its way to high for storage. I store my batteries at 35% - 45%. I dont rely on the DJI battery smart discharge/storage feature, I use an after market charger, with a storage option. It brings the battery down to 42% which i find to be optimal for storage. DJI with all of its automation should be held responsible and liable for batteries that fail within a set time/number of cycles. It would be very easy for them to determine if a battery failed because of abuse or just a bad battery.
Just an FYI, its just as bad to store the battery with too low a charge as it is to store it too high. So if your flying and have your low battery warning set to 25% and you land at 20 - 25% dont store it like that, its needs to be bumped up.
So one steady light plus one blinking would be about as close as we could conveniently get to a storage condition?

So one steady light plus one blinking would be about as close as we could conveniently get to a storage condition?
Actually yes, that right and even that could have the battery too low if its only slightly over 25%. If it anywhere between 35 to 50 its ok but you cant tell with DJI charger. I use an after market charger and shows voltage. When its completes a storage charge the battery has one solid, one blinking and is indicating 42%. At 130.00 a battery the charger was well worth buying. Plus it charges 4 batteries simultaneously. so all 4 batteries charged in less then 90 mins. The DJI charger is awful.

Not sure charge cycles where do I locate that?

I have 3 Batteries so divide that by 24. 8 hours on a battery????

Yes , Batteries bought with the drone
Hell no. Not flying until I figure this out.

If you have not found the charge cycles yet.....hit your three dots, go to the battery menu and on the second page....says details, you will find your charge cycles there. You can also find them on Airdata under power.

WDK

RonRob,
I use an after market charger, with a storage option. It brings the battery down to 42% which i find to be optimal for storage.
What aftermarket charger do you use to bring the voltage down to optimal levels?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NIKLM