DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Scenic Valleys in Germany via DJI Mini 3 Pro

pedz

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I took a trip to Germany for the month of August 2023. I have tons of DJI Pocket and DJI Mini 3 Pro footage as well as VR footage of the cathedral in Cologne, still images, etc. This is the first of what will probably be a lot of various videos and slide shows from all of what I gathered over the month.

20/20 hindsight... I would love to retake all of the raw footage using better techniques. I was nervous flying in Germany and with each flight I got warnings that my reception was at the limits which frightened me into hastily returning rather than getting more footage. But... live and learn I guess.

I hope you enjoy the video

Great video.
Spent some time there too. Amazing to see the photos of the Cathedral in Cologne after WWII, then seeing how they have rebuilt it. You can see the old portion with the bullet holes and what the bombs did to it. Been working on it since 1945.

Great video.
Spent some time there too. Amazing to see the photos of the Cathedral in Cologne after WWII, then seeing how they have rebuilt it. You can see the old portion with the bullet holes and what the bombs did to it. Been working on it since 1945.
Thank you.

I went to Cologne and have tons of stuff with the cathedral but I was too afraid to do any drone videos. The details on the cathedral are endless. And… they were still working on it when I was there. It’s probably never ending. I plan to do a video (slide show type thing) on the cathedral soon.

I took a trip to Germany for the month of August 2023. I have tons of DJI Pocket and DJI Mini 3 Pro footage as well as VR footage of the cathedral in Cologne, still images, etc. This is the first of what will probably be a lot of various videos and slide shows from all of what I gathered over the month.

20/20 hindsight... I would love to retake all of the raw footage using better techniques. I was nervous flying in Germany and with each flight I got warnings that my reception was at the limits which frightened me into hastily returning rather than getting more footage. But... live and learn I guess.

I hope you enjoy the video
Very nice video. What part of Germany was this video taken?
My daughter and her family live in Bavaria and have been there a couple of times since I got my first drone which I brought with me but was too intimidated to fly not knowing exactly what the rules were. Did you have to get special permission from some government entity to fly?

@pedz ,nice video ,particularly liked the opening segment ,with the inversion layer in the background

Very nice video. What part of Germany was this video taken?
My daughter and her family live in Bavaria and have been there a couple of times since I got my first drone which I brought with me but was too intimidated to fly not knowing exactly what the rules were. Did you have to get special permission from some government entity to fly?
I was in the south western part: Baden-Württemberg — which is west of Bavaria. I was in Bavaria too for 5 days but was too scared to fly. I wanted to fly through the streets with all of the colorful houses and buildings but didn’t.

To do it legally you need to register and take a small test but I didn’t do that. I asked around and folks just suggested to “play dumb” if I got questioned. Mostly I just didn’t have enough time to do the test, etc. I get the impression that any EU country has roughly the same rules. If the drone has a camera then you need to register no matter what the weight or purpose is.

Nice video!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne