DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Scottish Highlands - 2017

Just finished two days of editing down a significant amount of footage recorded earlier this month around the stunning Scottish Highlands. Feel free to critique, and look out for the wild stags!

How well the stags blend in with the scenery.

Great shots, beautiful scenery. A pal of mine has a mobile home near Blair Atholl and has offered me and my missus the use of it. Seeing this makes me want to up his offer.

Last edited:
Great shots, beautiful scenery. A pal of mine has a mobile home near Blair Atholl and has offered me and my missus the use of it. Seeing this makes me want to up his offer offer.

Just grab the chance - it’s beyond stunning!!

Great, no fantastic video. However, I do have a problem with the transitions. I like the “dissolves” because they easy on the eyes. The “skip”transitions you use about 40% are perhaps too harsh. I would convert all the transitions to “dissolves”.

Great edit m8.

If you are happy for cc though...

The colours are way off in a lot of those shots. I like a saturated image myself - but you have over cooked some of these.

Just my personal opinion... i live here and the grass is NOT that green :eek:)

Worst for me was an overhead shot with a stream running through it - the water looked electric.

Great edit m8.

If you are happy for cc though...

The colours are way off in a lot of those shots. I like a saturated image myself - but you have over cooked some of these.

Just my personal opinion... i live here and the grass is NOT that green :eek:)

Worst for me was an overhead shot with a stream running through it - the water looked electric.

Great input. It’s definitely a learning curve as I’m not experienced in this field - strictly amateur. That said, every video is an improvement imho, and the feedback is a massive help when unbiased!

Glad you enjoyed the edit.

Reactions: doccy
Cheers - just learning myself. colour correction is a pain and i have a long way to go myself. Loads of good tutorials out there though.

Less is more in my opinion. The mavic is pretty super saturated and overly warm by default - especially if you use the cloudy colour balance.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeaconB