DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 The Scottish Highlands

Rhody Seth

Reactions
A year ago my wife and I vacationed in the Scottish Highlands. To mark the occasion, the edited the best of my drone footage from our journey into a short video. It was a reminder that I need to work on filming a variety of shots when I fly as almost all the footage is just head on. Still, I tried to break it up with some overhead shots and ran a couple in reverse to change it up. Such beautiful country and I hope we get back there one day! Footage is primarily from Glencoe, Ben Nevis and the Isle of Skye.

Awesome video!

Reactions: Rhody Seth
A year ago my wife and I vacationed in the Scottish Highlands. To mark the occasion, the edited the best of my drone footage from our journey into a short video. It was a reminder that I need to work on filming a variety of shots when I fly as almost all the footage is just head on. Still, I tried to break it up with some overhead shots and ran a couple in reverse to change it up. Such beautiful country and I hope we get back there one day! Footage is primarily from Glencoe, Ben Nevis and the Isle of Skye.

Beautiful footage!

Well. That was just glorious! I have never been there, but this is a great incentive to go. A famous cook once said - never apologize before you serve your meal. Let them think it was just as you intended. Your camera work was superb. The music was perfect. It appears that the best way to see Scotland is head on. Thanks for posting this!

Nice job, good music choice and I loved the fog in snow scenes. Those scenes show why you must never walk up to the edge of snow blown over the edge of a mountain because it is almost always hanging pout into nothing, so as you walk to the edge to look down, you will break it off and fall to your death.

Thanks all!

Yeah I picked out the music first, decided on the first and last clip and from there began to just insert shots like a puzzle.
You could possibly go back in and change some editing to better match some of the music changes, if you have enough footage spare, to do that. Otherwise, great little piece.

Being of Scottish ancestry on my mother's side (Irvine Clan), I love seeing shots of Scotland. Given my age, I most likely will never make it there so thanks for sharing.
Just go this summer, the dollar has not been so strong in 20 plus years so it will seem cheap over there. Take 2 weeks off and go, you will never regret it. Don't wait.

A famous cook once said - never apologize before you serve your meal. Let them think it was just as you intended. Your camera work was superb. The music was perfect. It appears that the best way to see Scotland is head on.

Ha! Good point and one generally I agree with. But I also know this place. If I didn't mention it someone would have! 😄

Nice job, good music choice and I loved the fog in snow scenes. Those scenes show why you must never walk up to the edge of snow blown over the edge of a mountain because it is almost always hanging pout into nothing, so as you walk to the edge to look down, you will break it off and fall to your death.

Thank you! That was from the summit of Ben Nevis. I read several trail write-ups about the steep cliffs to avoid near the summit. It was cool to be able to show the cliffs from that perspective because with that fog if you went off course you could be in real trouble.

Hi Rhody,
what a pleasure to watch your fantasique video! I recognized quite a few of the amazing places where I went almost 30 Years ago!
Many beautiful memories came up 👍 At the end of the video at the bottom right you can see the campsite where I was often a guest with my unfortunately deceased wife and the mobile home! Thanks for sharing the video!
Everyting ist great in your video and the music fits perfectly!
cheers Paul

Nice footage !

You bagged Ben Nevis by the looks ?

On my list for hopeful trip next year planned, but won't drag the wife up there unless conditions are perfect . . . the very changeable conditions that peak gets have claimed many lives.
Also Cairn Gorm would be great to get while there.

edit typo

Last edited:

Some nice footage there, like the music. Matches the nature of the vid IMHO.

Did you have any trouble getting satellites?

Nice footage !

On my list for hopeful trip next year planned, but won't drag the wife up there unless conditions are perfect . . . the very changeable conditions that peak gets have claimed many lives.
Also Carin Gorm would be great to get while there.
If you have the time you MUST include Wales in your planned travels, especially Snowdon which is the highest mountain in the British Isles (UK). And since you'll be near it, you MUST also visit Port Merrion in Wales.
Some nice footage there, like the music. Matches the nature of the vid IMHO.

Did you have any trouble getting satellites?
The GPS satellites orbit about 12,500+ miles above the earth. You should never have an issue with picking up their signal unless you have obstructions to the sky like buildings or in dense forest, or if the gov. has decided to degrade them, or turn some off. Your location on earth, as long as you can see the sky, will never have anything to do with not getting a GPS signal. A cell phone signal maybe, but that is completely different.

Yes! We were staying about five minutes away from the trailhead so knew I wanted to fit it in. You are right about the conditions. We went in mid May and while the bulk of the trail was clear up near the top there was still plenty of snow. Made a full video about the hike if you're interested:

Reactions: KS-6
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas