DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Scouting for Freelance Gigs!

rahil84

Reactions
Hi all, after I got my part 107 license last week, I have been looking for NJ Drone Pilot forum, until I stumbled upon here. I am sure there are a lot of veteran pilots out here who would be able to shed some light on a few queries I have.

Recently, I had applied to a few firms for freelance gigs. Amongst them was one such firm, Bees360 that replied to my application. I did some digging about any feedback about this firm, couldn't find much but I came across two pilot reviews that didn't have great things to say about them. I also did some research on dronebase, it's the same there too. There are pilots who have done their jobs and have not been paid, and others say there was never clarity of brief from these firms. And few also complained of being underpaid for the kind of job that undertook. So, I am kind of confused as to where should a new remote pilot like me begin. Would you guys have any recommendations of any websites/agencies I can register to start off? Thanks a lot.

PS. I currently own a DJI Air 2S.

Reactions: MA2 317
Don’t bother with those firms. You have to treat your business the same as a photography business and will have to promote yourself.

To be honest it’s extremely hard now because not only is the competition from the number of 107 pilots out there, there’s a lot of competition from NON 107 pilots that people pay to get shots from. The time to get into this was really 3 to 4 years ago when there were FAR fewer 107 pilots. Now we’re a dime a dozen. You’ll find that it’s about the same as trying to become a non drone photographer now. It’s going to be hard.

You'd be better off trying to partner with an established photography company that doesn’t already have a drone. But that’s getting more rare as well.

Good luck.

Hi all, after I got my part 107 license last week, I have been looking for NJ Drone Pilot forum, until I stumbled upon here. I am sure there are a lot of veteran pilots out here who would be able to shed some light on a few queries I have.

Recently, I had applied to a few firms for freelance gigs. Amongst them was one such firm, Bees360 that replied to my application. I did some digging about any feedback about this firm, couldn't find much but I came across two pilot reviews that didn't have great things to say about them. I also did some research on dronebase, it's the same there too. There are pilots who have done their jobs and have not been paid, and others say there was never clarity of brief from these firms. And few also complained of being underpaid for the kind of job that undertook. So, I am kind of confused as to where should a new remote pilot like me begin. Would you guys have any recommendations of any websites/agencies I can register to start off? Thanks a lot.

PS. I currently own a DJI Air 2S.
For anyone considering Bees360, be aware they currently do not perform inspections in the state of California.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll