DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Scratches on the lens

The Mavic 2 has a UV filter over top of the lens, so you won't actually scratch the lens if something makes contact with the camera. Worst case, you should only have to replace the UV filter.

I havent, but maybe I should. Do you have a link? Those screen protectors are not available from DJI, AFAIK.

Do you think it would cause any image distortion?
I got some for my new phone and used it on the lens as well it repelles dust finger prints water or works great and is completely invisible

Reactions: Former Member
The Mavic 2 has a UV filter over top of the lens, so you won't actually scratch the lens if something makes contact with the camera. Worst case, you should only have to replace the UV filter.
That's what I meant the uv filter covering the lens this well prolong the use and prevent scratches from everyday use

I got some for my new phone and used it on the lens as well it repelles dust finger prints water or works great and is completely invisible

You have an awesome idea since DJI does not sell the lens protector that comes with the gimbal by itself. If you scratch it, youre out of luck. Your idea would stop the filter from getting scratched in the first place.

That's what I meant the uv filter covering the lens this well prolong the use and prevent scratches from everyday use
You could try something like that, but it might negatively affect the quality of the video/photos. If that happens, then your best bet would probably be to keep the camera covered when you're not flying so the camera is protected.

Reactions: Coskier

Ive had at least a dozen people contact me trying to find a replacement lens cover. I have been telling them go buy after market filters, but this is a preventive measure. And so economical.

I would worry about distortion in the images. If someone wants to post before and after pics...

I have watched a few YouTube videos that showed that scratched lenses don’t matter. One was Tony Northrop who advocates for buying awesome used lenses that might be scratched.

I would worry even less about the filters.

What worries me are the filter attachments on the Mavic2.

I have watched a few YouTube videos that showed that scratched lenses don’t matter. One was Tony Northrop who advocates for buying awesome used lenses that might be scratched.

I would worry even less about the filters.

What worries me are the filter attachments on the Mavic2.

What worries you about them? Z or P?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael Greece