DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Screen breakup

Andy2001

Reactions
This refers to the Spark, but as people know there's no longer a Spark forum. Moderators please move if they want. I've used a Spark & Galaxy A8+ combination for a long time and had no issues. But recently I've been getting screen break up : neon green & purple blocks on the screen, gradually filling the phone's screen till the camera's camera becomes impossible to use. I've tested another Spark and the same problem happens. I've reinstalled the DJI Go 4 4.3.37 software and the problem remains. I've used a Samsung tablet and it doesn't exhibit the same problem. So the problem is definitely with the phone. The problem is unrelated to range as it can happen after around 2 minutes with the Spark flying within 10m or even with the drone not even flying, just switched on with the blades off. I've read someone's problems were perhaps due to the phone overheating, especially if you turn the brightness up. But when I tested this it doesn't seem to be the case, the ambient temp was 12 deg C and I turned the screen brightness down really low and the problem still happened.

The only change in the phone over time would have been the storage with the 32GB internal storage now nearly full. I've moved nearly all the docs,videos,photos etc to the micro SD, but the apps aren't moveable and take up 30.88 of the 31.83 GB storage used. It looks like I'll have to uninstall some of the less used apps and see if the breakup problem still occurs.

Has anyone else had similar problems, and were they able to fix it ?

This refers to the Spark, but as people know there's no longer a Spark forum. Moderators please move if they want. I've used a Spark & Galaxy A8+ combination for a long time and had no issues. But recently I've been getting screen break up : neon green & purple blocks on the screen, gradually filling the phone's screen till the camera's camera becomes impossible to use. I've tested another Spark and the same problem happens. I've reinstalled the DJI Go 4 4.3.37 software and the problem remains. I've used a Samsung tablet and it doesn't exhibit the same problem. So the problem is definitely with the phone. The problem is unrelated to range as it can happen after around 2 minutes with the Spark flying within 10m or even with the drone not even flying, just switched on with the blades off. I've read someone's problems were perhaps due to the phone overheating, especially if you turn the brightness up. But when I tested this it doesn't seem to be the case, the ambient temp was 12 deg C and I turned the screen brightness down really low and the problem still happened.

The only change in the phone over time would have been the storage with the 32GB internal storage now nearly full. I've moved nearly all the docs,videos,photos etc to the micro SD, but the apps aren't moveable and take up 30.88 of the 31.83 GB storage used. It looks like I'll have to uninstall some of the less used apps and see if the breakup problem still occurs.

Has anyone else had similar problems, and were they able to fix it ?
This refers to the Spark, but as people know there's no longer a Spark forum. Moderators please move if they want?

Reply,,

Oh, but as @dirkclod pointed out, We do have a Spark forum! Check it out here! DJI Spark Drone Forum
You may just find what your looking for there. ;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost