DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

screen brightness

teccer

Reactions
I was reading yesterday somebody said the the screen on the samsung tab A 8 (2019) was not very bright .
I've just turned on my Nvidia Shield K1 and also the samsung tab A and the difference is amazing.
I've had no problems with my Nvida in the past so will definitly not have any problems with the Samsung tab A,
I do use an anti glare screen to stop the reflections.
Samsung on the left
20210219_231103_resized.jpg

Doesn't look like those 2 Google pages are similar ... one have white & the other a grey background.

But never the less ... spec. wise the Nvidia Shield K1 have 477 nits (brightness unit) & the Samsung Tab A8 only 397 but is also unevenly lit (according to tests) so ends with an average of 372 nits. So if the screens are fresh & set on maximum the Nvidia should be better ...

From my own experience around 1000 nits is needed in bright sun shine (without any anti glare & not shadowing the screen).

My Samsung Galaxy S8 ramps up to 1000 nits & my S20 to 1200 nits ... never need to take the sun into consideration when using them (no anti glare on any of them...). It's another story with my Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 ... that have 463 nits on max & can be somewhat challenging to use if I can't find a shady place to operate from.

Don't know how big difference a anti glare film can do though ... but if you're satisfied, then all is good Thumbswayup:D

Reactions: pelagic_one
Doesn't look like those 2 Google pages are similar ... one have white & the other a grey background.

But never the less ... spec. wise the Nvidia Shield K1 have 477 nits (brightness unit) & the Samsung Tab A8 only 397 but is also unevenly lit (according to tests) so ends with an average of 372 nits. So if the screens are fresh & set on maximum the Nvidia should be better ...

From my own experience around 1000 nits is needed in bright sun shine (without any anti glare & not shadowing the screen).

My Samsung Galaxy S8 ramps up to 1000 nits & my S20 to 1200 nits ... never need to take the sun into consideration when using them (no anti glare on any of them...). It's another story with my Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 ... that have 463 nits on max & can be somewhat challenging to use if I can't find a shady place to operate from.

Don't know how big difference a anti glare film can do though ... but if you're satisfied, then all is good Thumbswayup:D
I know the pages are not the same but it was the only page I found that was mostly white

Reactions: slup
Reactions: pelagic_one

????

I made my first flight yesterday with complete cloud cover. I used my new Samsung S20, on full brightness, and could not see well enough without stepping inside my garage for more shade.

I set out to find a more suitable display and see your mention of the S20 having such a bright screen.

I was considering trying to find a used phone, with a better display, to dedicate to flying. Now I am wondering if I can do any better than my S20 without spending $500-$700?

Suggestions?

Thanks.

Last edited:
????

I made my first flight yesterday with complete cloud cover. I used my new Samsung S20, on full brightness, and could not see well enough without stepping inside my garage for more shade.

I set out to find a more suitable display and see your mention of the S20 having such a bright screen.

I was considering trying to find a used phone, with a better display, to dedicate to flying. Now I am wondering if I can do any better than my S20 without spending $500-$700?

Suggestions?

Thanks.
Enough for me ... but if more is needed & it's not usable for you I think you in general need to start considering some sort of shading device in combination with a anti reflective film.

Enough for me ... but if more is needed & it's not usable for you I think you in general need to start considering some sort of shading device in combination with a anti reflective film.
I forgot to mention in my original post that in the past I've used a sunshade with my Nvidia shield K1, now I've adapted it to fit my samsung tab A 8" plus a anti glare screen, got no problems in the sun now

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett