DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Screen flickering Rc& Cellphone

edgardcafe

Reactions
My screen flickers when I'm doing hyperlapse on both RcN1 and RC pro controller, so I guess it’s the drone that has an issue.
Is there someone having the same issues?

Edgard, I have seen this as well. Not every Hyperlapse but under certain lighting. Unfortunately my Mavic 3 is in for repair so I can test it right now I haven't even gotten to try the new firmware they've had it for 2 weeks.

FYI the AlienTech is great!

Reactions: edgardcafe
Edgard, I have seen this as well. Not every Hyperlapse but under certain lighting. Unfortunately my Mavic 3 is in for repair so I can test it right now I haven't even gotten to try the new firmware they've had it for 2 weeks.

FYI the AlienTech is great!
I glad that you like it !👍
This is the issue my friend is having with his Mavic 3. He told me if I can post in here for him. (I don’t have a Mavic 3)

Ahh very good. I would recommend experimenting with exposure settings. Try auto (I know... ugh, but all in the name of discovery) I don't recall the exact conditions that caused mine to flash like that, but it's not doing it lately. I would try tweaking everything, including H264/H265, shutter speed especially, but also ISO. white balance manual always. Things like this. If it's unfixable open a ticket with support.

Hey, do you know anyone with a DJI RC-N1 Controller (the base controller for Air 2/Air 2S/Mavic 3/Mini 2/Mini 3 pro that's converted to QMA connections for the AlienTech antennas? I could use it with 3 more drones I have with one, but they are a bit expensive new. As much as I paid for the antenna. Guess I'll watch for one to pop up!

Take care!

My screen flickers when I'm doing hyperlapse on both RcN1 and RC pro controller, so I guess it’s the drone that has an issue.
Is there someone having the same issues?

Other than being annoying, is it affecting the hyperlapse itself in any way? If not, just get used to it. It will eventually get fixed, but minor annoyances like this that don't affect the recordings, assuming it doesn't, are a low priority among the allocation of DJI's resources.

Other than being annoying, is it affecting the hyperlapse itself in any way? If not, just get used to it. It will eventually get fixed, but minor annoyances like this that don't affect the recordings, assuming it doesn't, are a low priority among the allocation of DJI's resources.
Your point is well made. It was happening on my hyperlapses as well, and while I agree that the recording is what counts, I am hyperaware when I see behavior that is undesirable, and/or not working as designed. I generally don't waste DJI resources on a minor issue if functionality isn't affected (output video) or there is a workaround, like when the patient tells his doctor "it hurts when I do THIS." and the good doc replies, well, don't do THIS. I would also be hypervigilent that the behavior doesn't worsen, which could indicate a hardware root cause, at which point, it wouldn't be wasting DJI resources as much as utilizing them.

If it's a longer exposure hyperlapse, perhaps the screen goes blank as it exposes for a longer period of time. I think mine has done this on night-time hyperlapses and the faster shutter speed of a daytime hyperlapse makes it much less noticeable. Mine does it way more than your example above.

Reactions: edgardcafe
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IMWOOD