Welcome Mavic Pilot!
Jump in and join our free DJI Mavic community today!

Screen Hoods

Flash Grundelore

Reaction score
Are the sunscreen "hoods" that mount on the RC any good at all at making flight easier?

If I wear my sunglasses [distance] for VLoS I can't see the screen very well even at high brightness, and if I go with reading glasses to see the screen I lose visual with the drone too easily against the bright sky.

LivinLarge

Reaction score
Here is a simple solution that has worked well for me. I wear progressive or bifocal glasses with polarized clip-on lenses. I cut out the bottom of the clip-ons so that when I am looking down at the screen though the close up part of the lens, I can see clearly. When I look up through the polarized part, I can see the drone without the bright sky blinding me.

Attachments

Saigondroner

Reaction score
Are the sunscreen "hoods" that mount on the RC any good at all at making flight easier?

If I wear my sunglasses [distance] for VLoS I can't see the screen very well even at high brightness, and if I go with reading glasses to see the screen I lose visual with the drone too easily against the bright sky.
FWIW, I have the same eyeglass problem, and use this iPhone shade. It works great. I bought several in different sizes, for iPads, mobiles, etc. They were $2-3 each.

rangemaster728

Reaction score
FWIW, I have the same eyeglass problem, and use this iPhone shade. It works great. I bought several in different sizes, for iPads, mobiles, etc. They were $2-3 each.

And if you’re paying more than that keep shopping...I use these on my iPad Mini and keep spares on hand as the rubber ‘loops’ used to attach them to the iPad are somewhat thin/fragile and will tear over time.

Reactions: Saigondroner

Saigondroner

Reaction score
And if you’re paying more than that keep shopping...I use these on my iPad Mini and keep spares on hand as the rubber ‘loops’ used to attach them to the iPad are somewhat thin/fragile and will tear over time.
Yes, the rubber bands break in no time. The hard plastic folding shield models' hinges snap and break also. My best workaround has been to cut holes thru the sides, and insert a skinny bungee type cord. Knot it off n the backside. IMG_1068 2.jpg Never have broken since.

Reactions: GregE