DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Screen Hoods

Flash Grundelore

Reactions
Are the sunscreen "hoods" that mount on the RC any good at all at making flight easier?

If I wear my sunglasses [distance] for VLoS I can't see the screen very well even at high brightness, and if I go with reading glasses to see the screen I lose visual with the drone too easily against the bright sky.

Here is a simple solution that has worked well for me. I wear progressive or bifocal glasses with polarized clip-on lenses. I cut out the bottom of the clip-ons so that when I am looking down at the screen though the close up part of the lens, I can see clearly. When I look up through the polarized part, I can see the drone without the bright sky blinding me.

Attachments

• bob2.jpg
    bob2.jpg
    396.1 KB · Views: 45
Are the sunscreen "hoods" that mount on the RC any good at all at making flight easier?

If I wear my sunglasses [distance] for VLoS I can't see the screen very well even at high brightness, and if I go with reading glasses to see the screen I lose visual with the drone too easily against the bright sky.

FWIW, I have the same eyeglass problem, and use this iPhone shade. It works great. I bought several in different sizes, for iPads, mobiles, etc. They were $2-3 each.

d0c8d83211a9d702e19a19a3b40499d5.jpg

Reactions: ojays
FWIW, I have the same eyeglass problem, and use this iPhone shade. It works great. I bought several in different sizes, for iPads, mobiles, etc. They were $2-3 each.

d0c8d83211a9d702e19a19a3b40499d5.jpg

And if you’re paying more than that keep shopping...I use these on my iPad Mini and keep spares on hand as the rubber ‘loops’ used to attach them to the iPad are somewhat thin/fragile and will tear over time.

Reactions: Saigondroner
And if you’re paying more than that keep shopping...I use these on my iPad Mini and keep spares on hand as the rubber ‘loops’ used to attach them to the iPad are somewhat thin/fragile and will tear over time.

Yes, the rubber bands break in no time. The hard plastic folding shield models' hinges snap and break also. My best workaround has been to cut holes thru the sides, and insert a skinny bungee type cord. Knot it off n the backside. IMG_1068 2.jpgNever have broken since.

Reactions: GregE
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54