DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Screen Lock-up after DJI Fly app update

Bobell69

Reactions
I Today I had a software update (android) for the Mini and I launched it and everything seemed to be working fine. At about 8 minutes into the flight with the video recording, I switched from video to photograph and selected AEB. I took two separate images (3 images per take). At that point I went back into video mode, but the screen was locked at the image of the photograph. I was flying blind not knowing if the drone was responding to the controls or not.

Finally, I looked at my map and sure enough the drone was responding to my stick movements, but the screen remained locked. The map of course was working fine.

I brought the drone back home and turned the drone off as well as restarted the Android Fly App and launched the drone again. Seem to work, but I didn't want to risk it over water and brought it safely home.

Any suggestions?

Reactions: TnDronePilot
MA2 owner here. I've never had my screen go black in flight but I do get black screens and green screens a bunch at first turn on with my Lenovo M10 Plus tablet (Android). I know that tablet brand isn't on the approved list but it works for me when I need something bigger than my phone. Anyway, it's usually a DJI Fly app restart that cures the problem if that helps at all.

The screen didn't go blank at all. The video image just froze. At first I thought perhaps my controls were not working, but when I looked at my map and see the drone in the sky it was indeed responding to my stick moves

I contacted DJI and they suggested that I reboot my phone and reboot the drone without the SD card in it. I did that and then went out (with SD card installed) and went for a flight. I went from video to photos and did a couple of panos and then back to video. Seems to be working now. Hopefully this has it fixed.

Reactions: TnDronePilot
Disable all other apps, put the phone into airplane mode, turn off Wifi and bluetooth and then reboot the phone before using it to fly with. If you have a case on the phone, take it off as they hold heat into the phone.

If it happens again, just stop and restart the app during the flight. In most cases the phone will start displaying properly.

Drone or app software update? if Dji Fly app which version 1.4.12?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk