DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SD and copying media from MM

Drony_Drone

Reactions
Can you confirm that a 64Gb MicroSD is enough for a 3 battery flight for 2.7K video and full resolution pics. I would empty after every trip out.

Also if away from home I’d want to copy the files to my iPhone. Can you connect the MM to an iPhone and get the files off directly? Or do you need an MicroSD to lightning cable.

Can the iPhone then play MM video direct or will it need converting first.

As long as I could get the files off onto my iPhone and be able to use MicroSD for next flight. I know I could get another MicroSD but this is a just in case scenario.

Thanks.

Can you confirm that a 64Gb MicroSD is enough for a 3 battery flight for 2.7K video and full resolution pics. I would empty after every trip out.

Also if away from home I’d want to copy the files to my iPhone. Can you connect the MM to an iPhone and get the files off directly? Or do you need an MicroSD to lightning cable.

Can the iPhone then play MM video direct or will it need converting first.

As long as I could get the files off onto my iPhone and be able to use MicroSD for next flight. I know I could get another MicroSD but this is a just in case scenario.

Thanks.
the videos and photos should automatically save to your phone via the DJI app. Mine does, so after when you fill up your SD card and put it in you PC to review, everything will be on you phone via the app as well. simply open the DJI app and then click on the Media icon in the bottom left hand corner.

the videos and photos should automatically save to your phone via the DJI app. Mine does, so after when you fill up your SD card and put it in you PC to review, everything will be on you phone via the app as well. simply open the DJI app and then click on the Media icon in the bottom left hand corner.

So the video files store automatically on your iPhone as well as the SD?

That will fill up the iPhone very quickly though won’t it, do you just have to delete after every flight once you have the SD backed up to a computer?

That will fill up the iPhone very quickly though won’t it, do you just have to delete after every flight once you have the SD backed up to a computer?
Yes, Videos, and Photos automatically save to your iPhone, and your SD card at the same time. I am not 100% sure if there is an option to turn that off or not. I suppose it could fill up your phone but do as I do and delete what you don't want on your phone it doesn't take anytime to do so. you can delete media from your phone when ever you want and it wont affect the SD card. The SD card is only editable when you format it in the drone, or plug it into your pc.

Also I will add, it is a good idea to always have your Media save on both Your iPhone and your SD card, this is a great idea in case of a lost drone you have your media and you can see abouts where it went your might be.

What happens if you only have a 16Gb iPhone though for example? The footage would just fill up the iPhone and then what?

I can’t believe that the videos and pics are saved to both they phone and the SD. Why would you need a SD in that case?

Is this correct?

No, the phone does NOT receive video at the same resolution as what's placed on the AC SD card in real time. What does get sent to the phone in real time is cache video at 720p and higher compression, same as what you see as you fly and subject to radio interference losses. Caching can be turned off.

Pictures may get transferred in near real time since it is not time sensitive like real time video would be.

You may be able to transfer the full resolution recording over the air after the flight, but why would you? You'd have to have the AC turned on and wait for the transfer. It would be faster to pull the SD card out and put into a card reader.

No, the phone does NOT receive video at the same resolution as what's placed on the AC SD card in real time. What does get sent to the phone in real time is cache video at 720p and higher compression, same as what you see as you fly and subject to radio interference losses. Caching can be turned off.

Pictures may get transferred in near real time since it is not time sensitive like real time video would be.

You may be able to transfer the full resolution recording over the air after the flight, but why would you? You'd have to have the AC turned on and wait for the transfer. It would be faster to pull the SD card out and put into a card reader.
Ah ok, so the MM does send to iPhone all the video and pics in real time, but lower resolution. So do you delete this after every flight? This is different to Parrot Bebop 2 whereby you have to transfer the files over to your phone from the drone, it has no SD and doesn’t transfer in real time.

Yes I would want the best resolution so would use the SD. What I am saying is as it’s an iPhone, I’m not sure if a lightning to SD would read the card and allow copy to iPhone direct? So was asking if you can transfer the video from the MM via WiFi in case no card reader?

Thanks

128gb cards are only a few quid more on Amazon at the minute. I just got one for £20, and the 64gb are £15.

I use a 64GB SD card on my Mavic Pro to record HD video, and easily get 3 batteries of flight time on it ...

When you say HD do you mean the 2.7K max setting, or 1080 HD?

Hot it’s enough, red somewhere it is
I'm recording 1080 HD ... Which I believe is higher rez' than the MM can do ... so you should be OK with 64GB SD cards.

So do you delete this after every flight?
Just look at the settings in the app. You can set a max size, and when that is attained it either clears oldest ones automatically or tells you to remove those you don't want.

So was asking if you can transfer the video from the MM via WiFi in case no card reader?
Yes. Not sure if iThings support 2.7k though.

Mine does not automatically download to my phone, I have to download them all after my flight is done individually, is there a way to do that? There is a spot to “select all” but it will not let me hit the download button as its greyed out. Individually it works fine. Ive always wondered why that’s so weird, my Phantom downloads easier.

Best practice is to have several Micro SD cards.
Swap them out after every flight.
That way if something goes wrong and the drone is lost, you do not lose ALL the video.

But after every flight/trip I would get all the videos and pics off belt going on another flight anyway. So yes maybe if I use the 3 batteries on 1 trip it, and it crashed it would lose it. But after a trip out I would get the files so the SD would be empty anyway.

A low res version of the video and photo is saved on your phone. The high res one is on the memorycard

A low res version of the video and photo is saved on your phone. The high res one is on the memorycard
Correct. 720p and highly compressed so as to not require too much WiFi bandwidth.
Many of you might remember the term WYSIWYG. What you see (during flight) is what you get, recorded to the mobile in real time. If you get dropouts or pixelation due to radio interference, that's what will be in the cache. Great for preview or quickly showing others what you did, but not production quality.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rsantangelo