DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SD card full - QUICK question! please help =)

billem16

Reactions
So i was getting some shots at a wedding I was working at, and all of a sudden it says SD card full. (Apparently i've been deleting files via the GoApp & thinking I was clearing space, and not from the actual card while plugged in to my Mac, so that makes sense why it was full.)... but it gave me the option to record to my iphone since the SD was full. I did that. I am now transfering the files to my Mac to edit, and only the ones from the SD card are available. What about the ones saved to my phone? How do I retrieve those and transfer them to my Mac like the rest of the files? I see them in the GoApp, but I don't understand how to switch them over to my Mac. Any ideas?
And from what I've read, the files recorded to my phone are in a lower quality 720 res. I'd still like to use these for the final product, and i'm hoping it's not a big noticable difference from the higher quality shots prior to the SD card filling up. =/

thanks everyone!

You need to use iTunes app file sharing to retrieve the files from the iPhone. Quality will be noticeably lower.
You can delete things from the card in the camera's "play" interface even in flight.

Reactions: Turn11
You need to use iTunes app file sharing to retrieve the files from the iPhone. Quality will be noticeably lower.
You can delete things from the card in the camera's "play" interface even in flight.

hmm can you elaborate on the file share app? how does the app go into the dji app to retrieve it? thanks

It is a standard feature in iOS. Apps register with the iOS what folders/files are allowed to be accessed. ITunes will then provide access to them for download. I don't currently have an iOS device so I can't give step by step guidance. I used to have an iPhone for my previous job so I have some awareness of it.

Google is your friend... first result for what I typed.

thanks friend. looks rather complicated, but i'll give it a go. I haven't connected my iPhone to MacBook in years... looking forward to a lengthy process, but I need these files for this final product.

when you say “working at” do you mean you were doing this as a photographer, or just a friend helping out.
If your doing this for a job I would highly recommend having spare SD cards on hand. It would be a shame for a client to be paying for a great pics to only be getting low res from your phone. Not like you can go out again tomorrow to get the shots again.
If not doing this professionally then it’s just a lesson learned I guess. We are all learning all the time

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ