DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SD Card full

Mehfs

Reactions
Recently my I got a message saying my SD card was full. So I deleted all the videos and pictures that took using the Air2s and it still said was full. Even though file manager wasn't showing any videos or pictures. So I ended up formatting the card and starting again. Is this the norm or am I missing something?

Recently my I got a message saying my SD card was full. So I deleted at the ll the videos and pictures that took using the Air2s and it still said was full. Even though file manager wasn't showing any videos or pictures. So I ended up formatting the card and starting again. Is this the norm or am I missing something?
If you don't empty the trash after deleting files while the MicroSD card is attached to a computer, the they remain as phantoms on the card and use up your space. The only sure remedy I have found is to reformat the card and start over.

Reformatting the card is advisable every once in awhile (monthly or so). Cards do start having issues (only certain amount of reads and writes depending on card) and doing a "real" not "quick" format can help. The SD card also collects many big files in other folders besides the PIC folder, so even doing a "Shift" Delete" on all folders helps to remove any files and DOES NOT put them in any kind of trash bin / recycle bin.

I’m new to this drone. I had a question about adding micro sd card in my smart controller. When I take video with drone, is the video stored in the drone or in the controllers se card?

I’m new to this drone. I had a question about adding micro sd card in my smart controller. When I take video with drone, is the video stored in the drone or in the controllers se card?

Not 100% sure, read about it ages ago . . . but I think you could possibly be getting lower res cache photos and video to the SC microSD ?
Pretty sure you can transfer photos and video, or even set to auto sync, from the drone HD files to the SC (as a back up).

You want the video that is stored on the Sd Card in the Drone, The only video that is going to be stored on the Smart Controller is the Cashe video , that can be used to see the flight for crash and fly away or if your drone sunk, you have some video of it. You can also use the card in the controller to update and export folders , pictures and such.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

The only video that is going to be stored on the Smart Controller is the Cashe video

I always thought that might be but recall reading something about being able to back up video from the drone to the SC microSD.
Found a thread on the DJI forum, not sure if it was the one I read way back, but it outlines DJI staff reply to an inquiry, post #7 here . . .

What are the usages of micro SD card in Smart Controller?

Not sure if anyone here with a SC can confirm this ?

im totally confused. i have a 256 gig sd card in the drone, and no problems with that. what i want to do is use a similar sd card in my smart controller that will up;load the SAME pics and video that the drone sd is recording, while its being recorded. reason is for flyaway issues. i have the air2s drone and use djifly on the smart controller. how does one go about syncing both sd cards to record at same time.

If video cache is on then the transmitted feed will be recorded on the controller, but it'll always be a much lower quality version than what's recorded on the aircraft.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I dont care if its lower quality, i only want backup. On the djifly app i cant find anything to click to sync them. All the links i find are for other apps which wont work with my smartcontroller and air2s

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR