DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SD Card in aircraft and smart controller

OnTheRopes

Reactions
Hi
Just arrived here having got my Mavic 2 pro with smart controller so sorry if this is a much asked question.
The SD card on the aircraft presumably records the full res images, what exactly does the SD card in the controller record and does it need to be as fast as the aircraft card?

Welcome to the forum. Yes, the card in the ac is the full res images. The controller card, based on your settings, will have the cached vids from the ac. You can also send the images from ac to controller card and view those images directly from the controller. As a side note, you can also setup a display the runs off the hdmi port on the controller. I use one for other people to ride along on flights and viewing vids on the tv screen.

Setting things up just now with 128Gb card in the A/C and nothing in the controller, I ran out of record space in about 90 seconds, it then offered to save to SD card, but there was not one in the controller, so does that mean it is sending all data to the a/c? Sorry for daft questions, not my first a/c by any means but my first DJI

Setting things up just now with 128Gb card in the A/C and nothing in the controller, I ran out of record space in about 90 seconds, it then offered to save to SD card, but there was not one in the controller, so does that mean it is sending all data to the a/c? Sorry for daft questions, not my first a/c by any means but my first DJI
No worries. Yes, all the data is sent to the ac always and storage defaults to the ac internally. When you set "save to sd card" data is saved to the card in the ac. In addition, cached copy is sent to the controller if you have set "download footage to external sd card".

No worries. Yes, all the data is sent to the ac always and storage defaults to the ac internally. When you set "save to sd card" data is saved to the card in the ac. In addition, cached copy is sent to the controller if you have set "download footage to external sd card".
Thanks for the helpful replies, I'm sure I will have many more questions.

I remember the first time the drone ran out of space, lol.I also bought the smart controller for a song yesterday because being on the road and getting awesome drone footage the using my iphone thing sucks I want a dedicated drone system independent of the phone etc. I also got the alientech booster as I use the mavic 2 in mountains a lot and losing connect is a concern. Does it sounds like a plan? not trying to hijack it is related

I remember the first time the drone ran out of space, lol.I also bought the smart controller for a song yesterday because being on the road and getting awesome drone footage the using my iphone thing sucks I want a dedicated drone system independent of the phone etc. I also got the alientech booster as I use the mavic 2 in mountains a lot and losing connect is a concern. Does it sounds like a plan? not trying to hijack it is related
One of the reasons I finally went DJI was because of the smart controller, coming from Yuneec with their fabulous ST16 controller I was never going to go down the phone and app route.

Reactions: RichieFromBoston
Do really need a booster, I am only asking to see if I need one... I travel a lot, also with my drone

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78