DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SD card question

smackLAN

Reactions
Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, but the manual leads me to believe I shouldn't be using an SD card greater than 64gb in size. I've been using a Samsung Ultra HD card that's 128gb in size with no apparent issues so far. My question is am I perhaps shortchanging myself in video quality or anything else using that size?

the manual leads me to believe I shouldn't be using an SD card greater than 64gb in size
Some 128GB memory cards work too (as you've discovered). If it works, there are no drawbacks to using it.

No worries, if it works you're golden. I find 64gb to be more than enough. Some people like to use 16gb or 32gb and have multiple cards on hand at all time. This way you have your media secured on its own card should you have an issue on the next flight that day.

Just noticed they have released a 256gb that's quicker then 128gb so might be buying one to try
One can never have too many, I need to get in the habit of pulling the card when I get great footage and popping in another to safeguard the shots (I tend to push the envelope with the bird sometimes, heh).

The improved speed interests me, anything to lighten the strain on the system surely helps.

Reactions: cderoche
Just be sure the card is rated v30 or U3 or higher for the fast write speeds needed for 4K video!

Reactions: smackLAN
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harley1905