DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SD CARD SLOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is the Mini 2 connector not a true type C? If it is it should be roughly X2 faster than USB 3.0. So leaving the card in Mini 2 would give the best results.

More testing. Mavic Mini is the same transfer speed into my PC onto the SSD at 30mbs.

Mini 2 Into a Win 7 laptop I saw 17mbs and 15mbs through the "USB 3" card reader. I did not check drivers or win updates.....etc. But seems to be roughly similar results. Slower system, slower transfer with Mini 2 still giving the best results. Slightly.

I did not test Mavic Mini into the laptop.

If I ever get around to building the latest hand me down PC ( mother board ) my brother gave me I will know what my issue is. I have to double check the specs but it is a upgrade. Maybe not USB port wise but CPU it is. I have to get a Full ATX case, RAM and PSU.

I tried to switch to RAID in the BIOS but it keeps giving me errors / grief. I even followed instructions on how to switch but it didn't work. I research that some more.

But adding a USB 3.1 PCIe and no improvement seems to suggest I have a hardware / motherboard / BUS issue. Unless the 30mbs numbers are bogus and its better but not able to measure / display it properly.

WW5RM

What in the world is going on here? I just picked this mini 2 up from amazon and about to return it.

I tried 3 different card and just took the one out of my phantom 3 pro and get the same message.

SD card slow, try formatting or some crap. I have formatted via PC and within the software, get that message and then it will just stop recording. It does this regardless of resolution.

Here is the card from my Phantom 3 pro, are we saying this is too slow for this mini 2?

Thanks
That card is no good. You need one that says U3 or V30 on it.

You genuinely have a card that is too slow

Reactions: dirkclod
Is the Mini 2 connector not a true type C? If it is it should be roughly X2 faster than USB 3.0. So leaving the card in Mini 2 would give the best results.
It is a "true type C" since a "true Type C" can be many things including USB2.0, USB3.0, USB3.1 5G or 10G, Thunderbolt 3, Thunderbolt 4, USB4, support DisplayPort or not...
On the mini2 it's 2.0.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada