DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SD CARD SLOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fastfed

Reactions
What in the world is going on here? I just picked this mini 2 up from amazon and about to return it.

I tried 3 different card and just took the one out of my phantom 3 pro and get the same message.

SD card slow, try formatting or some crap. I have formatted via PC and within the software, get that message and then it will just stop recording. It does this regardless of resolution.

Here is the card from my Phantom 3 pro, are we saying this is too slow for this mini 2?

Thanks

Attachments

• 20210603_143928.jpg
    20210603_143928.jpg
    668 KB · Views: 97

"Ultra" is not what you want. Try "Extreme".

this ultra card transmits 100MB/s

but I will go ahead and order a better one.

Thanks
“Up to 100MB/s” which doesn’t mean anything is marketing garbage plus that’s the read speed not the write speed which is what matters.

The thing to look at is it has a U with a 1 in it. That’s means the minimum worst case write speed is 10Mb/s. You need a card that writes at minimum worst case 30MB/s which is denoted by either a U with a 3 in it or V30.

That card was never going to work.

I use an 8K capable SD Card in all my drones. It is U3 V90 128gb. It's fast! I got it on Amazon for $64 U.S. That's a great price for an 8k card. And yes, I tested it recording 8k video in my EVO2 8K. There are no errors or delays in it's write speed. It's read speed also helps it transfer it's files over to my computer much faster. It's called a Superior Pro or SP. See the pic. I know it's not a well known brand, but it really gets the job done.

Attachments

• 8K Mini SD CARD.jpg
    8K Mini SD CARD.jpg
    549.9 KB · Views: 26
Reactions: RMS001
What in the world is going on here? I just picked this mini 2 up from amazon and about to return it.

I tried 3 different card and just took the one out of my phantom 3 pro and get the same message.

SD card slow, try formatting or some crap. I have formatted via PC and within the software, get that message and then it will just stop recording. It does this regardless of resolution.

Here is the card from my Phantom 3 pro, are we saying this is too slow for this mini 2?

Thanks

You need the SD card with the number 3. See photo attached and information attachment

SD Card.pngSDCard.jpg

Thanks
I use a 256 GB micro SD with a 3 in the U and a V30 on the chip. No problems whatsoever. I have recorded hours and hours of drone footage in 4K. Check the speed class on the chart. What you have is adequate for storing data, but not a high enough speed for quality videos.

Attachments

• Micro Chip.jpg
    Micro Chip.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 13
  • Speed Class.jpg
    Speed Class.jpg
    258.8 KB · Views: 15
That's the reading speed.
Important is the writing speed.
Besides that, ALL speeds given by manufacturers are maximum speeds, NOT average.
You want a write speed of U3

I use a 256 GB micro SD with a 3 in the U and a V30 on the chip. No problems whatsoever. I have recorded hours and hours of drone footage in 4K. Check the speed class on the chart. What you have is adequate for storing data, but not a high enough speed for quality videos.
All your eggs in one basket comes to mind. Better to have a clean card to start the day, if you lose the drone you won't lose all your "eggs".

All your eggs in one basket comes to mind. Better to have a clean card to start the day, if you lose the drone you won't lose all your "eggs".
I must admit, I usually do all of my day's flights on one SD card. I do not remove the card during my day. It would probably be wiser to switch cards after each flight. I have a bunch of smaller cards (mostly 32GB) I could use one after each flight landed to be super conservative but I never do that! Does anyone change cards throughout the day if there is plenty of storage available on the card? I really doubt it.

Here’s what I do and don’t understand why all don’t unless on a trip. Then carry many cards if you don’t have a laptop.
I have so many batterys I go burn them. Go home to recharge and dump my card on my mac. If I go back out that day I reformat my card in the app first thing then go again. I really don’t see why all
the mess. It’s very simple.

Reactions: Thomas B
I must admit, I usually do all of my day's flights on one SD card. I do not remove the card during my day. It would probably be wiser to switch cards after each flight. I have a bunch of smaller cards (mostly 32GB) I could use one after each flight landed to be super conservative but I never do that! Does anyone change cards throughout the day if there is plenty of storage available on the card? I really doubt it.
I use 32-64GB cards and change at every landing/ battery change… had the experience of lost data/image since… trying to avoid a repeat.

Here’s what I do and don’t understand why all don’t unless on a trip. Then carry many cards if you don’t have a laptop.
I have so many batterys I go burn them. Go home to recharge and dump my card on my mac. If I go back out that day I reformat my card in the app first thing then go again. I really don’t see why all
the mess. It’s very simple.
My drone shooting at home consists of a trip out for the day, and I usually use the same card. I have never filled it up with my three batteries. The batteries go before the card goes, for sure.

For travel, let's say a full day's touring without an opportunity to return to your room for re-charge, it is pretty much the same. Use the same SD card until the batteries run out. However, I do have my Mac Book Pro to view my material and off-land my data to my hard drive(s). I always double back-up (2 portable hard drives).

I am also shooting with other devices at the same time, and I have a case of mini SD and regular sized SD cards. Timelapses of 300-600 images per timelapse, taken in RAW can eat up a lot of the memory.

Anyone willing to help me trouble shoot why my transfer speeds are so slow?
I get 30MBs writing from Mini2 into USB 3 to a SSD on my PC. Scandisk Ultra Extreme 128GB. But doesnt matter what type card. Same results. I tried different cables. Same results.

Remove the card, insert into a USB 3 reader and I get 20 MBs.

Updated drivers, checked and rechecked BIOS settings, installed mother board BIOS update software, updated BIOS, checked settings......again. Same results. Installed a PCIe USB 3.1 / type C card. Same results! Its a PCIe 4X slot.

I tried disabling "plug and play" I think its called. Same results / same speeds.

Its an older self built PC. I'm wondering if in the BIOS the IDE, RAID and AHTCI settings which is set to IDE is my issue. But I can't seem to switch out of IDE mode. Will not boot up. It has SATA drives. USB 3.0 on the mother board.

Bottle neck somewhere I just cant seem to locate it.

Any ideas?

WW5RM

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31