DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Air 3 dusting sd cards

I just got my new Air 3, when I format a sd card while it's in drone they get corrupted and are unreadable .
Can't be read and are not recognized by drone or computer.
I am using cards that I have had in drones , Go Pro etc. so it's not the card.
Anyone ever had this or have any ideas? Present card in my Air 3 formatted in computer and works in drone fine.

Thanks
Mike
I had the same problem today. The drone would not recognize any card previously used in the Air3. I formatted each to ExFat using a Mac and they now work fine. This seems to have started after the last FW update.

• Wow
Reactions: LoudThunder
I had the same problem today. The drone would not recognize any card previously used in the Air3. I formatted each to ExFat using a Mac and they now work fine. This seems to have started after the last FW update.
Same thing is happening on my Mavic 3 Pro. Since it is a super-large capacity card, I just forgo formatting it in the drone and with less frequency, use my PC/Mac to reformat. Not interested in chasing down another silly DJI bug. I keep an extra card at the ready just in case I do something stupid in the field like reformat the card in my drone because that will basically make the card useless until I go find a computer. 😵

My problem is may damaged card is not recognized by any other device, computer , GoPro, any of my other drones.

Mike

My problem is may damaged card is not recognized by any other device, computer , GoPro, any of my other drones.

Mike
Just a thought, could be a fake card/s ?
Lot's on eBay and even Amazon that look right but are fake...
I use the same Samsung ones you mention in AIr 3, Mini 3 and Mini 4 and never a jitter

The only time I get issues is with SD cards in the DJI RC and RC2... but that is a firmware bug I am to believe...

Reactions: LoudThunder
When you write "damaged," does the card look like it was damaged (broken, cracked, etc…) or misused, if it still looks pristine, you might be able to return the card to the manufacturer for a FREE Replacement. When my Sandisk stopped working, they replaced it FREE.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne