DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SD card too slow??

One thing to be aware of there are many counterfeit cards out there that may look like the real thing but are something completely different. Be careful where you purchase.
This. Where did the cards come from? There are a lot of fakes sold online.

One thing I did not mention, even though I am getting the card to slow I do not seem to have any issues recording. All the videos seem to be fine but am not able to get the available time or space left on card

Same here, I get the slow sd card warning on genuine high speed cards (which I've verified) but I've no actual issues with the recorded quality from the Mavic 2 on these cards. I've seen several other similar topics about this slow sd card error so I'm not convinced it's working correctly.

John

I thought it was just me....I purchase 4 Sandisk Extreme 128 gb....only 1 works.

I was shooting a video from a client....and my MP2 ...displayed that the cards was too slow to recording. I used these same cards up in Alabama for DSAR training.

I just purchase 3 more Samsung 128 from Frys electronics....I am going to test these later today.

I am going to try the three Sandisk Extreme 128 gb cards in my other drone. it used a GO PRO 4 Black...on my 3dr Solo..and see it I can record to the cards.

Reactions: Flybynight69
I thought it was just me....I purchase 4 Sandisk Extreme 128 gb....only 1 works.

I was shooting a video from a client....and my MP2 ...displayed that the cards was too slow to recording. I used these same cards up in Alabama for DSAR training.

I just purchase 3 more Samsung 128 from Frys electronics....I am going to test these later today.

I am going to try the three Sandisk Extreme 128 gb cards in my other drone. it used a GO PRO 4 Black...on my 3dr Solo..and see it I can record to the cards.
Obviously dji needs to work on this problem

One thing I did not mention, even though I am getting the card to slow I do not seem to have any issues recording. All the videos seem to be fine but am not able to get the available time or space left on card
That has to be a firm ware issue

That has to be a firm ware issue
I got two 128G cards off of Amazon from a 4.5* vendor, both the 4k U3 SanDisk. One worked and was fine, the other was a fake card and was total junk. Thankfully Amazon is a great place to buy because they really stand behind their sales. It was immediately refunded complete with a prepaid return ticket. I'm now using the gigastone 128 gig cards which are U3 and NO issues what-so-ever.

Reactions: Flybynight69
2-pack of 128GB (more space for those of us that save our Hyperlapse DNGs) at Costco.

These are the U3 / V30s too -- plenty fast.

To everyone trying to lecture us on counterfeit cards and so on, this is not the current problem. I have 15 different cards, all of them have worked for more than a year on my Mavic Pro. Today, I tried all of them in my drone and ALL say “too slow”. DJI has a problem with latest update. This is not the fault of the cards.

You have to understand the error message; your drone wants to write to your card and at the same time transmit the recording (the live image) to your controller. The error message means that the speed of writing is not fast enough to keep up with the transmission. Regardless of type and size, I’ve checked all my cards to do at least 80mbs write speed. And as mentioned before, beware of where you buy your cards.

You have to understand the error message; your drone wants to write to your card and at the same time transmit the recording (the live image) to your controller. The error message means that the speed of writing is not fast enough to keep up with the transmission. Regardless of type and size, I’ve checked all my cards to do at least 80mbs write speed. And as mentioned before, beware of where you buy your cards.

Im not sure thats 100% correct. The drone will write to the SD card, regardless of whether the image is being transmitted to the controller/device. Yes, its possible that its trying to tell you that it cant transmit and write at the same time, but on the drone, those are 2 completely different systems. From the core board, the signal goes right to the SD card. It splits and goes to the transmission line as well. Just because it cant transmit, it will still record. No extra work for the core processor.

There is no legit way to explain 15 different cards, from different brands all working two weeks ago, without exception, and then suddenly today, right after an upgrade, and NONE will work. The same error message for all. Did DJI upgrade or increase the workload on these cards? Please stop talking to us as if we have never bought a card or recorded with a Mavic before. This is not a normal situation!

Well, let’s say it in a different way; I’ve got an M2Z, M2ED and Phantom 4 pro+. When I put in a card in any one of them bought from a well known online website, all give the message that the card is too slow. The image is transmitted AND recorded however. When I check the card for a write speed of 80mbs I only get 10mbs. When I buy the same card in a well known high street shop and check it I get the advertised 80mbs. When I then put this card in any of my drones I never have had the card error message again.

On a lark, I purchased this:

So far I have been impressed. The benchmarks were very close to it's more-than-double-the-price SanDisk counterpart, with read times exactly the same (75Mbps), but write times slightly under the SanDisk (60Mbps vs. 75Mbps).

The reason I got the Qumox 128GB is because I have been filling my 64GB SanDisk at my traffic analysis gigs, which collects OVER 64GB of data per job, hence the need for the 128GB card. I have a SanDisk 128GB, but was intrigued by the low price and lack of user information on these things. So I thought, "What the hell...for 20 bux, I'll give it a shot!" And I am impressed.

As you all may or may not be aware, the P4P has the highest maximum bitrate of all DJI's non-RAW cameras (100Mbps compared to the Mavic Pro's 60Mbps). I shot 15 minutes of test video and the card worked flawlessly, so I took the Qumox out to the jobsite. That morning I collected almost 70GB of data (video) and that evening collected OVER 70GB of data for a total of 143GB. The Qumox performed flawlessly both sessions.

I found some user reviews on Amazon that complained of reliability issues, which raises a flag. But so far my [limited] use of the card has netted good results. Honestly, I'll probably order a couple more for my security cameras, as they presently don the expensive SanDisk 128GB cards (the MicroSD cards cost more than the cameras!). I'll move those expensive, known-to-be-reliable cards to my drones and move the Qumox card(s) to my low, low bitrate security cameras.

I guess the point of all this is that, at < half the price of the SanDisk, the Qumox is worth a try...especially if you're not doing mission critical jobs like I'm doing.

D

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rejdmast