DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SD CARD

KNS

Reactions
Can anyone suggest a reliable make of SD card for the Mavic Mini?
Looking on line the Lexar brand seems better value, but would that be at expense of reliability, and finally presumably any SD card reader would be fine?
I ask as I have experienced difficulties with card's and compatibility with my Phantom 3 Standard over time.
Thanks in advance.

Extreme Pro has the best write speed. I have that for my Phantom 4 Pro and Mavic 2 pro since they have high end cameras. I will probably pick one up for my Mavic mini as well. 64gb cards are plenty for me.

My first card for the MM was the SanDisk Extreme 64GB microSD card but that card had a failure; I send it back. Now I use the Samsung EVO Plus 128GB micro SD card 100MB/s which works fine
I was on the fence between the two cards you mentioned, but after reading your post I think I'll go for the Samsung EVO Plus. Thanks!

Reactions: Gebo
No matter what make/model you research, you'll find reviews that they failed.

Could be bad batches, or fakes that managed to get into the mainstream.

Yes, that is true. To be honest, I was already leaning towards the Samsung solution. @Gebo just pushed me in that direction. :)

Reactions: Gebo
Looking on line the Lexar brand seems better value, but would that be at expense of reliability, and finally presumably any SD card reader would be fine?
I ask as I have experienced difficulties with card's and compatibility with my Phantom 3 Standard over time.
Thanks in advance.

Samsung and SanDisk are both great.
Make sure they are U3 speeds.
Now I recommend 64Gb and a lot of them.
You will want to get into the practice of one MicroSD card, one flight.
Finish a flight, take the MicroSD card out and put in another.
That way if something goes wrong you do not lose ALL your video.
They even make MicroSD holders

Attachments

• 5785404_sd.jpg;maxHeight=640;maxWidth=550.jpg
    5785404_sd.jpg;maxHeight=640;maxWidth=550.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 6282920_sd.jpg;maxHeight=640;maxWidth=550.jpg
    6282920_sd.jpg;maxHeight=640;maxWidth=550.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 16
Thanks in advance.
I have been using Kodak SD cards for sometime now from AliExpress. They are good value for money and I have had no problems with them. Just make sure you get the 3U version if you do buy.

https://es.aliexpress.com/wholesale...20191210061507&SearchText=kodak+micro+sd+card

Sandisk Extreme are good. The mini write speed is 40mbps so get a card that is U3 and can write that speed or faster.

Hi all, does anyone know how can i set the camera to register a movie longer than 4gb? I don't know why my camera makes movies only 4gb and then it continues to another movie. Thanks

Hi all, does anyone know how can i set the camera to register a movie longer than 4gb? I don't know why my camera makes movies only 4gb and then it continues to another movie. Thanks
Can’t be done. Just join the vids together in post processing... likely your standard computer OS software will do that.

Reactions: WooZie
oh, so its standard that value, i thought it is about that cache settings, how much to make the film, so if i want to make full movie i have to put all moivies together with a software for editing?

Well you have the full recording, it's just split between files. For 32GB cards, it's a FAT32 file size limitation. Above 32GB is formatted ExFAT which doesn't have a 4GB file size limitation but someone pointed out the video file format has a 4GB limit. Since we can stitch them together, not sure how that could be true.

Reactions: WooZie
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainmanflyin