DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SD CARD

indeed, i have only 32 gb card, so this is the explanation, really i didn't know that :)
But I realised is good that limitation because in case of an incident, remains that movies and will be corrupt only the last one

Woozie there is a good deal on Emag for the 128 GB Evo Plus (25 USD) as well for the 64 gb (13 USD) version. Just buy a second card as you are running out of space, before you run out of power in your battery.

Reactions: WooZie
indeed, i have only 32 gb card, so this is the explanation, really i didn't know that :)
But I realised is good that limitation because in case of an incident, remains that movies and will be corrupt only the last one
Since you mentioned only last file being corrupted, something you might not be aware of. If you forget to stop a recording when you power off the AC, the recording may appear corrupted. All you need to do is put the card back in the AC, power on the AC, and the last recording will be finalized and fixed.

Reactions: D0CT0R and WooZie
DanMan32, i refer to my accident, when the drone crashed from the air, the battery jumped out and the drone became unusable, it kept all movies except for the last one

I assume now you mean the file isn't even there, as opposed to the file being there but corrupted.
If the file is there but shows as corrupt, powering up the drone with the SD card usually fixes the issue.

it was on the card, but corrupt, all the rest of movies was saved well.
i know that but i found out later when already formated my sd card because was totally corupted, and when the new drone arrived, i put it on the drone and i got the message" sd card not supported" and even in my pc have not be seen, so i changed it also under warranty.

Reactions: netsonic
DJI has a list of approved sd cards. That being said, buy cards from a brick and mortar store or from a reputable dealer on line. Some big name online retailers have a problem with counterfeit cards being sold. I've been using a lexar 633x A1 64gb card with no issues.
Here is a link for a list of sd cards.

I bought a sd card 132 gb samsung v30, i want the drone recording the entire movie that i filming, but the movie is splitting always in parts of 3.80 gb each one, do i need to do something else to the card? Other format or something? Thanks

I bought a sd card 132 gb samsung v30, i want the drone recording the entire movie that i filming, but the movie is splitting always in parts of 3.80 gb each one, do i need to do something else to the card? Other format or something? Thanks
Nothing to do but join in post. Programming starts a new video about every 4 min or so.

not exactly 4 min, but 13:38 min at 2.7k 3.80 gb, i tried to format ntfs, but it is not seen by the drone, so i revert at exfat format

What is max SD card support in MM?
In recommended cards it goes max to 256GB. Huawei Pro Plus 1TB SD Memory Card C10 U3 is $ 9.95 in Ebay
Is it good card?

I normally shoot clips of 10 to 30 seconds. Makes video editing easier. I have gone 9 days in the Caribbean on a 64 at 2.7k several times and never ran out of storage.

Reactions: Thomas B
Buy the 64 gig card. If you feel you need more memory, just buy a second 64 gig card and swap them out. I learned a long time ago to use smaller capacity cards in my digital cameras.
The reason being if I lost a card or it became corrupted I didn't lose all of my pictures. Basically, don't put all of your eggs in one basket.

Best practice is to have an SD card per anticipated flight.
Each time you land, swap them out.
That way if you have an accident and lose the drone, the shoot is not a total loss.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom