Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SD Cards Specs

BigAl07

Administrator
Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reactions
I just found out that the inventory of SD cards I have been using for my M2Pro are now "SLOW" when placed in newer aircraft (DJI FPV). So I need to buy new ones and want to get a feel for what others are currently using and why. Heads up, I'm not worried about capacity as I usually use 32gb unless I'm mapping then I only go up to 64gb. I like to change the memory card out with EVERY battery change which is why I like the smaller capacity cards.

So what SPEED/SPEC are the cards you're using for new aircraft? I'm most likely specifically looking to see what newer models like A2S and M3 are using.

Allen

I just found out that the inventory of SD cards I have been using for my M2Pro are now "SLOW" when placed in newer aircraft (DJI FPV). So I need to buy new ones and want to get a feel for what others are currently using and why. Heads up, I'm not worried about capacity as I usually use 32gb unless I'm mapping then I only go up to 64gb. I like to change the memory card out with EVERY battery change which is why I like the smaller capacity cards.

So what SPEED/SPEC are the cards you're using for new aircraft? I'm most likely specifically looking to see what newer models like A2S and M3 are using.

Allen
Yea biggest thing is look for U3 or V30 on the card, by a brand name you recognize and buy from a reputable seller like bh photo or Best Buy. I really don’t even trust Amazon. These are just too easy to fake.

After that it’s just a commodity. The max read/write on package don’t mean anything and are just marketing garbage. You need minimum sustained write speed which is what the U3 and V30 refer to.

Allen
A list was posted yesterday in the forum. I use a 256GB SanDisk card and no issues with it in my Air2.

I have been using Sandisk Extreme PRO 64GB (1 BU), I never had an issue. B&H photo in New York are experts in photography so if you give them a call about cards, they are really helpful.

Reactions: BigAl07