DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SD WR slow check app , whats this mean?

cbgeorge

Reactions
I got my M2P out flying and keep getting this across the screen on my RC unit as I am flying, what is this and what do I need to look for in the app to correct this (SD WR slow check app)

I got my M2P out flying and keep getting this across the screen on my RC unit as I am flying, what is this and what do I need to look for in the app to correct this (SD WR slow check app)
well, quite literally it is saying that a WR - write speed - to your SD card is too slow.
what SD card do you use? it should be one that allows 100mbs write speed. if you think card should be fast - format it in the go4 app.

I got the #3 card, which suppose to be top of the line fastest write speed
which one exactly?
dunno, some of them are fakes, who knows. try to format card with NTFS on the PC, then put it into the drone and reformat it in there, see if error clears, if not - get a better card.

one i use now is this -
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XX3X9JD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
and this
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072W7Z79R/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

this one - U3 A2 - is a fake and is not good at all:
https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-128G...&qid=1549921704&sr=1-3&keywords=Sandisk+128GB

PS. i started reading reviews on my 128gb card and it is also claimed as a fake - i tried it on my PC and it gave me 75mb/sec write speed. not sure good or bad, fake or not - but it works recording 4K30 dlog-m stream ok.

Last edited:
which one exactly?
dunno, some of them are fakes, who knows. try to format card with NTFS on the PC, then put it into the drone and reformat it in there, see if error clears, if not - get a better card.

one i use now is this -
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XX3X9JD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
and this
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072W7Z79R/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

this one - U3 A2 - is a fake and is not good at all:
https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-128G...&qid=1549921704&sr=1-3&keywords=Sandisk+128GB

PS. i started reading reviews on my 128gb card and it is also claimed as a fake - i tried it on my PC and it gave me 75mb/sec write speed. not sure good or bad, fake or not - but it works recording 4K30 dlog-m stream ok.
I guess it is probably impossible to find out if a card is fake or not, this one has the big U with the 3 in it i guess means class 3, suppose to be 100mps write speed

Reactions: mereflyer

That link says it's fast enough, which is true:

"If you’re just shooting video, you will not need the fastest card, only a card fast enough to handle 4k 100mbps, which means almost any U3 card."

On top of that the Mavic 2's mSD slot is quite slow in the grand scheme of things (it's only UHS-I).

Faster cards will help with buffer clearing if you are taking rapid-fire RAW images, but the weak link there is the slow mSD slot in the Mavic 2.

Nobody should be getting a write speed warning with a quality U3 / V30 card shooting video. Could be a defective card or a knockoff or something along those lines. Amazon and eBay have been known to sell knockoff cards, unintentionally.

OP - I suggest trying a different card or two to verify if the problem is with the card or the drone. Stick to name brand cards purchased from a trusted source if you haven't already (SanDisk, Samsung, Lexar, etc.)

Last edited:
I guess it is probably impossible to find out if a card is fake or not, this one has the big U with the 3 in it i guess means class 3, suppose to be 100mps write speed

The U3 does not mean 100Mbps write speed, nor does it mean class 3 (there are two different speed classes on a card). It represents the UHS speed class (not to be confused with the UHS bus speed), which indicates a minimum sustained write speed of 30MB/s which is 240Mbps.

The mSD card manufactures do not make it easy, but if you follow the symbols you are good to go - I suspect you just got a bad card if your particular U3 card is giving you slow write speed warnings.

Be weary, there are stacks of counterfeit SD cards, Sandisk especially seem to get hit by these scumbags. You pay the full price for a 100mb capable card and end up with something that struggles with 20.

Be weary, there are stacks of counterfeit SD cards, Sandisk especially seem to get hit by these scumbags. You pay the full price for a 100mb capable card and end up with something that struggles with 20.
How can you determine a card is legit and not a dudd when buying?

Yup this is why i just go to best buy and grab my sdcards anymore....a little pricey but just look for the sales....cards that i have and work great.
Sandisk extreme plus u3 64gb v30 A2
Samsung pro + 64gb u3

Reactions: mereflyer
I did some research on fake micro sd cards, lots of them out there, but got mine at walmart and downloaded a pgm to test cards for their actual size and read/write speed, my cards tested out good and above 75 mb/sec speed which should be around 100 but say could be some loss thru a adapter to read them. If any one wants to verify their SD cards, download H2testw pgm at Download H2testw 1.4

there are loads of fakes around, i use samsung, and i have sent them pictures of cards and they come back really quickly to let me know if they are fake. the newer samsung cards can be checked easily by looking at their website. My experience is with ebay and amazon, so far the cards purchased from amazon have been genuine, ebay dont care and dont even respond when i have reported fakes

How can you determine a card is legit and not a dudd when buying?

Just pop it in a card reader and transfer some big files to/from the card - have a look at what the sustained speeds look like and make sure there are no bottlenecks (either the card reader or the USB port). That is a quick & dirty way anyway. You can also run specific software to test them. eBay is notoriously bad for fake cards, I would avoid them entirely though I doubt many people go there for their cards. Amazon is usually pretty good, all of my cards are from Amazon and I've never had any issues. If you're in the USA, I recommend using B&H for these sorts of purchases.

UPDATE.. Flew today and everything worked out good so it was a card issue. had formatted the card in the NTFS ?? format and formatted again in the bird, flew good and recorded with no issue

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremy Green