DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SDK for Air 2s?

atomic77

Reactions
I know A2s is just released, but anyone knows something if SDK will be released and when? Any roumors or information from DJI?
It's very important for me, and now I'm affraid DJI is giving us a better camera, but at the same time, it separates amateur drones from professional ones. That could mean no SDK (like delay of 9 months and no waypoints in MA2).
DJI support answered "we don't have any information regarding the inquiry, but we'll forward this concern".

Last edited:
I know A2s is just released, but anyone knows something if SDK will be released and when? Any roumors or information from DJI?
It's very important for me, and now I'm affraid DJI is giving us a better camera, but at the same time, it separates amateur drones from professional ones. That could mean no SDK (like delay of 9 months and no waypoints in MA2).
DJI support answered "we don't have any information regarding the inquiry, but we'll forward this concern".
Im asking about the same thing, I only want to fly with automated flight path and way points. Its the only way to get smooth footage. Does anyone know if that is possible with air 2s?? help! I just bought one :(

I wouldn't hold your breath. Litchi told me they are now concentrating on SDK for enterprise and not so much for consumer. I emailed and no response which isn't a good sign.

I wouldn't hold your breath. Litchi told me they are now concentrating on SDK for enterprise and not so much for consumer. I emailed and no response which isn't a good sign.
do you have recommendation on how I can get smooth footage without litchi? it just doesnt make sense to rely on your fingers to get a curve path for example. Or even going forward jesus. 10 years into drone technology and we still dont have the ability to "fly forward" smoothly. One finger twitch and the footage is ruined.

i very very much doubt you will ever get waypoints for the Air2s .dji told me it was only going to be available on future enterprise drones,that was a few months ago.

that is the same reply i got and the same guy ....

I just received a second answer: "please keep an eye to the official news whether it will be developed later".
I think it's a marketing decision to not support Mini/Air anymore. One step forward and one backward.
But it would great if they just say which drone will have SDK.
I would have just bought a drone without the features I need, because I thought it's just upgraded, better MA2.

I just received a second answer: "please keep an eye to the official news whether it will be developed later".
I think it's a marketing decision to not support Mini/Air anymore. One step forward and one backward.
But it would great if they just say which drone will have SDK.
I would have just bought a drone without the features I need, because I thought it's just upgraded, better MA2.
Well they clearly say they are only working on ENTERPRISE drones.

Disappointing news for A2S fliers, great camera without the tools to properly use it. It's the Fly app or nothing it seems.

Disappointing news for A2S fliers, great camera without the tools to properly use it. It's the Fly app or nothing it seems.
yes i agree,people will wait for the MA3 and that may not have them as it will not be an enterprise aircraft

This from DJI today from a question I asked yesterday:

7c6c4f77484dc2d5f7830905e8a52520
sean.zhou (DJI)

2021年6月29日 GMT+811:51

Dear Client
Thank you for contacting DJI.

We are sorry to keep you waiting, we plan to support Air 2s in MSDK 5.0 which will be released in September, and we understand your feelings, the release is also what we are looking forward to, please wait for our good news.

Hopefully our solution can help you.
Kindly Regards,
DJI Developer Support

This from DJI today from a question I asked yesterday:

7c6c4f77484dc2d5f7830905e8a52520
sean.zhou (DJI)

2021年6月29日 GMT+811:51

Dear Client
Thank you for contacting DJI.

We are sorry to keep you waiting, we plan to support Air 2s in MSDK 5.0 which will be released in September, and we understand your feelings, the release is also what we are looking forward to, please wait for our good news.

Hopefully our solution can help you.
Kindly Regards,
DJI Developer Support
The problem with that response is that it doesn't state what that SDK will allow or incorporate. A safe bet is for people to do a bit of due diligence and buy what they need or want that is known...and not hope that a firmware or SDK will be made to give them something they wish for in the future.

DJI has stated many times that Waypoint flight is going to Enterprise only going forward..so if that is important to you, buy a DJI that supports that...One of the many reasons I went with a tried and tested platform other than going to the newer "Fly App" platforms.

That's great news! I know it won't support waypoints and it will be similar to MA2, but I was afraid it wouldn't be there at all.
I need it for mapping/scanning so I can live without true waypoints - the "virtual sticks" method will be ok, even if not very reliable.
That's good enough for me until there is some reasonable competition for A2s with similar price and size.

That's great news! I know it won't support waypoints and it will be similar to MA2, but I was afraid it wouldn't be there at all.
I need it for mapping/scanning so I can live without true waypoints - the "virtual sticks" method will be ok, even if not very reliable. That's good enough for me until there is some reasonable competition for A2s with similar price and size.

about a year after release so maybe next year. If your lucky maybe late this year

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sevimli